Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Let's talk knee wraps

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I've been using the Heavy Elite FTS 3m knee wraps and have enjoyed them, but they are the only wraps I've ever used so I have nothing to compare them with.
Pulled the trigger on the Lilliebridge Recordbreakers just now with an Amazon gift card and will be using these exclusively so my homies can rock with the other ones... I'll report back in a few weeks and let you know how they feel.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I've been using the Heavy Elite FTS 3m knee wraps and have enjoyed them, but they are the only wraps I've ever used so I have nothing to compare them with.
Pulled the trigger on the Lilliebridge Recordbreakers just now with an Amazon gift card and will be using these exclusively so my homies can rock with the other ones... I'll report back in a few weeks and let you know how they feel.

Those are thick I think I've read so make sure you have someone wrap you. Aren't they 2.5m?

I have to decide what wraps I'd like to try next.... perhaps the Iron Rebels, perhaps the Titan Golds, maybe the Record Breakers.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Those are thick I think I've read so make sure you have someone wrap you. Aren't they 2.5m?

I have to decide what wraps I'd like to try next.... perhaps the Iron Rebels, perhaps the Titan Golds, maybe the Record Breakers.

I grabbed the 3m ones. Amazon also had them at 2m. I think they used to just be 2.5m but the Slingshot brand has blown up so much they have pink knee sleeves and compression cuffs and tingling jock straps and shit.

I grabbed these because my squat is starting to mimic how Eric Lilliebridge's setup looks... Wide stance and low bar. We'll see - I have so little experience that it's all an experiment.

I do have the Iron Rebel Rhino wrist wraps per hawkeye suggestion and they've held up amazing. Very thick, stretchy and it's going on about three years with no sign of breakage... Just some minor thread pulling where the male Velcro grabs a bit around the female patch.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I grabbed the 3m ones. Amazon also had them at 2m. I think they used to just be 2.5m but the Slingshot brand has blown up so much they have pink knee sleeves and compression cuffs and tingling jock straps and shit.

I grabbed these because my squat is starting to mimic how Eric Lilliebridge's setup looks... Wide stance and low bar. We'll see - I have so little experience that it's all an experiment.

I do have the Iron Rebel Rhino wrist wraps per @hawkeye suggestion and they've held up amazing. Very thick, stretchy and it's going on about three years with no sign of breakage... Just some minor thread pulling where the male Velcro grabs a bit around the female patch.

I've been through 3 pairs of wrist wraps in 3 or 4 years. The velcro never lasts and the wrap themselves seem to loosen up (start to look wavey b/c I crank them). I have to pick up a new pair soon and I need to pick up some new knee wraps as well.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I've been through 3 pairs of wrist wraps in 3 or 4 years. The velcro never lasts and the wrap themselves seem to loosen up (start to look wavey b/c I crank them). I have to pick up a new pair soon and I need to pick up some new knee wraps as well.

Highly recommend the Rhinos. I crank mine too and usually use them on anything over 300, and I bench above 300 pretty often - they get a lot of use.

Last edited:
hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Rhino's are badass. They seem to have the best of both worlds. Stiff, but elastic enough to wrap. I like training in knee sleeves. SBD's are probably the closest thing to wraps if you want to save your wraps. I use Titan sleeves and they seem to sleep and you have to constantly pull them up. SBD's you just have to worry about sizing. I can't remember if you need to order a little bit smaller or if it's a bit bigger. Can't remember for sure, but one thing is for certain, they have good pop for sleeves and they don't slip.

As far as wraps go, sometimes it's trial and error. Some guys like the stiffer wraps and some like the more elastic, stretchy wrap so they can torque on it more. More of a personal preference. Sucks because they are an investment.

Last edited:
E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
Rhino's are badass. They seem to have the best of both worlds. Stiff, but elastic enough to wrap. I like training in knee sleeves. SBD's are probably the closest thing to wraps if you want to save your wraps. I use Titan sleeves and they seem to sleep and you have to constantly pull them up. SBD's you just have to worry about sizing. I can't remember if you need to order a little bit smaller or if it's a bit bigger. Can't remember for sure, but one thing is for certain, they have good pop for sleeves and they don't slip.

As far as wraps go, sometimes it's trial and error. Some guys like the stiffer wraps and some like the more elastic, stretchy wrap so they can torque on it more. More of a personal preference. Sucks because they are an investment.
The SBD run fairly true to size, but a size down is what they call "competition fit" and what I would recommend for most. Just takes a little getting used to getting them on, and a pair of long socks does wonders.

As for wraps, I have tried a ton. Various Iron Rebels, ATP Strangulators, Inzer grippers, KLA 2000, Titan THP and gold, and I personally prefer the red Slingshot wraps for my style of squatting. I tend to drop fast, and just like how the Slingshots have just enough give. I find wraps, are definitely highly subjective. Best to try a bunch and see what feels best.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

I train primarily in sleeves but I'm toying to with changing wraps to see if I can find another one that will give me more when it's time to put it to the test.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Rhino's are badass. They seem to have the best of both worlds. Stiff, but elastic enough to wrap. I like training in knee sleeves.

The Rhino's you had, are no Longer Made. They have changed the Material used on them. They kept the name, but they are a different wrap then before. IMO they are better. I had the first Rhinos as well and they wore out faster then any wrap I have had. These new Rhinos are still more cotton blend then others, but feel stiffer and more supportive. Of all they Wraps I have. The new Rhinos are liking nothing else. So many Wraps get re-branded, but the Rhino is it's own.

franchise24

franchise24

Oct 20, 2015
For someone new to knee wraps, what brand would you suggest? I've been toying with the idea of including wraps in my training but for the time being would like to keep competing raw classic unless there's a compelling reason to switch to modern.
What's up @BrotherIron and @Docd187123. I haven't posted in here since I made my into a few ago when @BrotherIron suggested this board. Looks like I didn't make an intro. I will get to that soon. I see @PillarofBalance of balance is really active here. Definitely good to know. And I love @Ramrod review of gear. I hope you get things up and running again.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic