Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Let the hating begin!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
All flavors are pink when they're in the stink.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Oh dude, I make no bones about it, my wife has more influence over me than anybody ever has. After all, contrary to recent evidence, I still like the ummmmmmmm, uhhhhhhhhh, what was that stuff called that we used to eat back in the day.........pussy.

This is absolutely no fun if you except everything everyone says.

Good plan though, never let em see it bothers ya ;)

It will keep most off your back :)

HDH

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
This whole thread was for fun and I take none of it seriously. I did a WOD, but I am not a crossfitter and I'll likely never do another one, so it's all good.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I tried to find a short, 300lb fat guy cross fit video but had no luck :)

HDH

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
The way that this "cult-like" culture is handing out trainer's certificates is that of condoms at planned parenthood....I don't trust the message nor the premise and way too many people are hurting themselves due to lack of proper training and form.

and lastly, their pretentious attitude makes me want to slap the spit out of their mouth....their condescending attitude alone makes me angry.

These are the two problems with the whole idea right here. Too damn many stupid people jumping on a bandwagon and thinking that this is the "Be All, End All" of working out. Some of their WODs are pretty good for building endurance/cutting. I did one when I was in paramedic school because a hot female firefighter asked me to work out with her. It was 5 squats - 10 pullups - Run 100 meters. Repeat as many times as you can in 20 min. It kicked my ass. I'll still do that type of thing for cardio sometimes if the gym is pretty empty. But I know well enough not to be trying to squat heavy right after I just sprinted 100 meters.

The problem comes when you have jackasses that treat it like a religion, and they don't even know that when a WOD comes up that suggests something like "300 deadlifts, 300 squats" that it's absolutely retarded, and nobody should do it. Especially people who don't know how to deadlift or squat to begin with. Then you add in things like various types of cleans and other movements that involve getting momentum behind weight and have people who don't know what they are doing going way beyond exhaustion and you got a recipe for bad things to happen.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Rhabdomyolysis much?

hahaha no shit man. I'm glad you brought that up. That's one form of crossfit injury I totally forgot about. I don't know how I forgot about it, I've had literally dozens of patients in the hospital with rhabdo from doing that shit. I don't know how that slipped my mind. One time in 2011 I had a week with at least 5-7 young guys admitted to the hospital for rhabdo.

O

oldnslow

Jun 6, 2013
Reality is a bitch. Learning that Jennifer Beals used a body double was a little like learning that the exercises in Arnold's book were supplemented with a needle in the ass. All part of the education of life.

Crossfit? I'll pass, thanks. Looks like a young man's game.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
hahaha no shit man. I'm glad you brought that up. That's one form of crossfit injury I totally forgot about. I don't know how I forgot about it, I've had literally dozens of patients in the hospital with rhabdo from doing that shit. I don't know how that slipped my mind. One time in 2011 I had a week with at least 5-7 young guys admitted to the hospital for rhabdo.

We spent a ton of our time teaching crossfitters how to properly perform the Oly lifts when I was training at an Oly lifting facility. We did that and help them rehab their injuries. Back injuries were commonplace wth them.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic