Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Let’s see your Pandemic Home Gym!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Everything around here closed as ordered by county. I know one hold out. My old gym in a 'off the beaten path' area.
I loved the place, but even pre-virus the place was dirty. You felt like you needed a tetanus shot before entering. ;)

Not sure I would go there now! One of my good friends is undergoing chemo right now and I have using his shop in his house to work on pulling the trans out of my car. I am also in a 'high risk' with reduced lung function.

AWJaScX.jpg

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Is that a "circus tent" cealing?...What up with tat?...

Just distortion from a panoramic pic.

Steel building with insulation. You are seeing the red steel beams with the insulation in between.

From the cross-section of the guys that go there.....maybe a circus tent would be more appropriate!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Just distortion from a panoramic pic.

Steel building with insulation. You are seeing the red steel beams with the insulation in between.

From the cross-section of the guys that go there.....maybe a circus tent would be more appropriate!

MG...I think, u think, I was talking about your gym...BigTex is the one I was curious about...It looks like the ceiling is falling out...

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
MG...I think, u think, I was talking about your gym...BigTex is the one I was curious about...It looks like the ceiling is falling out...

You are correct. I did think you were talking about my old gym. But same answer for his....minus pic distortion. Metal building with insulation blankets

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
You are correct. I did think you were talking about my old gym. But same answer for his....minus pic distortion. Metal building with insulation blankets

Gotcha!...Back in the 80's I went to a couple of gym's like yours and BT's, no A/C (Florida)...Always had to prop the front and back doors open....U could loose 10lbs of water per workout, np....Literally....I would go in and come out 5-10lbs lighter, depending on my routine...Usally on leg day is when I would loose the 10lbs...I worked out at one, one time...went in the bathroom and when I looked up, all I saw were a bunch of pins stuck to the ceiling tiles (suspended type)...They were dangling and u had to watch and make sure u didn't get pined while taking care of buss...Never went back, *LOL...

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Is that a "circus tent" cealing?...What up with tat?...

It is a cheap way to put in a false ceiling. This place is old school. They have a huge collection of old equipment that was bought off other gyms who upgraded their equipment years ago. I will see if I can get a picture of the old seated trap machine.

Here is a picture of one of the corners of the gym.......the heavy lifting room

costas-6.png

Oh this gym is nice compared to where I trained in the early 80's in Longview, Texas. It was a tin chicken house. The windows had to be raised from the inside and the floor was wooden with rubber here and there. No air and no heat. It was pretty well miserable year round.

Last edited:
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
It is a cheap way to put in a false ceiling. This place is old school. They have a huge collection of old equipment that was bought off other gyms who upgraded their equipment years ago. I will see if I can get a picture of the old seated trap machine.

Oh this gym is nice compared to where I trained in the early 80's in Longview, Texas. It was a tin chicken house. The windows had to be raised from the inside and the floor was wooden with rubber here and there. No air and no heat. It was pretty well miserable year round.

O, how I remember those days!!!!...I tell ya tho, Tex...Back then it didn't bother me one bit!...I thought it was how it was suppose to be at a gym *LOL*...Not until the late 90's did I begin to train in the "upper" chalant type gyms...It would take me about 10mins just to warm up because I was so cold...

At the old gyms, we use to pull our cars up to the back door (which was wide open) and whoever had a good jam system, would let it howl, baby! (usally to the tune of AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynryd, Guns n Roses, etc!!!...Those were my best days, brah!!!..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic