Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Legs ( The not so cool walk after leg workout)

kov

kov

Feb 6, 2014
Love doing legs but the not so cool walk to the car park afterwards is a pain more way than one. How much stretching do you guys do after leg workout.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Love doing legs but the not so cool walk to the car park afterwards is a pain more way than one. How much stretching do you guys do after leg workout.

Stretching isn't going to help on the walk to the car. A good stretch after training will actually enhance the pump somewhat. Just kinda have to deal with it.

For me it's not the walk out and going down 4 flights of stairs. It's once I get home after the 25 minute car ride. When I get out of the car I have cramped up a few times and wound up laying in the street clutching my hamstrings lol

My wife just sits on the porch watching and telling me what a moron I am.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I always do Hanging Leg Raises and 20mins minimum of low intensity Cardio post leg workout. It keeps the hips and legs flushing out lactic acid and definitely made a difference in DOMS when I started practicing this.

kov

kov

Feb 6, 2014
Lol thanks bud, that is about what my ball and chain would say.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
It's once I get home after the 25 minute car ride.

Yep.

I used to have a nearly 1 hour commute to work after training and when I got there on squat days I could barely get out of the car.

Worst was this past summer after my competition I drove home 3 hours straight without stopping or getting out of the car and when I got home I was literally in agony getting out of the car.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
If you dont wobble out of the gym then you didnt hit them hard enough.

It just sucks when you're walking past the hot chick on the way out trying to look cool.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Thing that sticks in my mind the most is calves . . . . several red lights on the drive home, foot trembling on the brake pedal and threatening to stop doing what I'm telling it to do.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm thankful I don't drive a stick anymore. That would make my drive brutal on the way home esp since there is always traffic and I'm constantly having to shift. I don't stretch at all.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I usually have a high-carb, high-protein shake, and do a slow 15-20 minute walk on the treadmill after quads. And I make sure to drink lots of water before, during, and after the workout as well.

I'm gonna sound like an old fart here... A couple of decades ago, back when I was in the military, I'd spend a few weeks here and there at another base far away from home without a vehicle. The base gym was several miles away from where I stayed when I was at that base. It would take me right at an hour to walk there each way. The hour-long walks back those nights after training legs were brutal.

I don't know if I could do that nowadays - just walking for an hour straight in and of itself is enough of a challenge. :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic