Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Legal Steroid Dilemma

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Train your ass of 5 days a week and eat everything you see. Lots of barbell. build strength. compliment it with accessory work using mostly barbells and dumbbells. There are a handful of machines that also provide great accessory work. Rep schemes don't matter that much. I do a lot of doubles and triples but also mix in 5 7 and 10 reps. I usually hit around 20-30 reps doing doubles and 30-40 doing triples. 5 7 and 10 reps and do 50 to 100. Break the sets into whatever you feel like. Just hit the total reps. That's what matters. 1-2 main lifts. Most of the time just 1. Then 3-6 accessory exercises. I mix in conditioning by using 400 m, row, or bike intervals, doubles unders, and supersets 3x a week. 100-150 reps of abs everyday. Use a different exercise each day.

e.g. today
build to 3 rep squat. rpe 9
then 10 rounds
80% of 3, 2 sec paused reps x 3
50 double unders

counting 2 working sets on the 3 rep (365, 405) for 6 reps
and 30 paused reps in the workout at 325 for 36 total reps.

accesories
seated good mornings
7x7
single leg db stiff legged deadlift
7x10

lateral barbell squats
10x10

30x4 machine crunches

Guys that have more time will do more accessory work but I get everything in just over an hour.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Garbage.
You want to get big, yet you train and eat like no 'big' guy ever has and you expect different results.

You know who does full body workouts 3 days a week? Elderly people in swimming pools. They also eat yogurt, ham, and cereal. Pick a bodybuilder or strength athlete, any will do, and follow their training and diet as best you can. Then, as you grow and learn your body's natural potential, strengths, and weaknesses, you can lean on peers to fine tune and develop your own way. You have no training foundation and you are asking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. You haven't grown because you haven't tried.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
The OP is not eating enough.
Dont care what you are eating but if you are not gaining you are not eating enough.

Pretty much every rookie under estimate the calorie intake for bulk.
if you are not gaining, you are not eating enough.
Adding AAS or similar will not help if you are not eating enough.

Also, you are a newb so do the basic stuff.
No need to try everything at this point.
Do a normal BB program and not that full body workout stuff.
Not saying its not working but master the eating and the basics first.
If you dont gain you are not mastering shit yet.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I would have to agree with everyone here that said you need to eat more, get some more experience under your belt, etc...
But what everybody overlooked from the OP is this "legal steroid" shit you're asking about. I actually went to the site you're asking about and honestly it looks like just another supplement company claiming that their product has the same effect steroids do. I'm pretty confident that they don't. Don't waste your money. Matter of fact, MOST supplements are a waste of money; especially if you're not eating/training/resting properly, or if you think supplements are going to magically pack on lean body mass for you. Spend that money on food or maybe even a coach/trainer instead

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I would have to agree with everyone here that said you need to eat more, get some more experience under your belt, etc...
But what everybody overlooked from the OP is this "legal steroid" shit you're asking about. I actually went to the site you're asking about and honestly it looks like just another supplement company claiming that their product has the same effect steroids do. I'm pretty confident that they don't. Don't waste your money. Matter of fact, MOST supplements are a waste of money; especially if you're not eating/training/resting properly, or if you think supplements are going to magically pack on lean body mass for you. Spend that money on food or maybe even a coach/trainer instead

Very true. I'm in better shape now with 0 supps in my mid 30s (even before TRT) than I was in my early 20s with all the supps

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Train your ass of 5 days a week and eat everything you see. Lots of barbell. build strength. compliment it with accessory work using mostly barbells and dumbbells. There are a handful of machines that also provide great accessory work. Rep schemes don't matter that much. I do a lot of doubles and triples but also mix in 5 7 and 10 reps. I usually hit around 20-30 reps doing doubles and 30-40 doing triples. 5 7 and 10 reps and do 50 to 100. Break the sets into whatever you feel like. Just hit the total reps. That's what matters. 1-2 main lifts. Most of the time just 1. Then 3-6 accessory exercises. I mix in conditioning by using 400 m, row, or bike intervals, doubles unders, and supersets 3x a week. 100-150 reps of abs everyday. Use a different exercise each day.

e.g. today
build to 3 rep squat. rpe 9
then 10 rounds
80% of 3, 2 sec paused reps x 3
50 double unders

counting 2 working sets on the 3 rep (365, 405) for 6 reps
and 30 paused reps in the workout at 325 for 36 total reps.

accesories
seated good mornings
7x7
single leg db stiff legged deadlift
7x10

lateral barbell squats
10x10

30x4 machine crunches

Guys that have more time will do more accessory work but I get everything in just over an hour.

HUH! been at this 40+ yrs and i don't have a clue what your doin. this guys been at it 3 days so we might want to use the kiss philosophy.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
HUH! been at this 40+ yrs and i don't have a clue what your doin. this guys been at it 3 days so we might want to use the kiss philosophy.

with 40+ years then you know it is kiss. Do a shit load of reps and progress in weight. Eat a shit load of food. You don't need supps. My first paragraph expanded on this.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
with 40+ years then you know it is kiss. Do a shit load of reps and progress in weight. Eat a shit load of food. You don't need supps. My first paragraph expanded on this.

actually, i have no idea what the 2 paragraphs under 'e.g. today' is. or what lateral barbell squats are.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
actually, i have no idea what the 2 paragraphs under 'e.g. today' is. or what lateral barbell squats are.

that's a simplified conjugate crossfit training sample programmed by laura phelps sweat who trained under louie simmons at westside barbell.

lat·er·al
ˈladərəl,ˈlatrəl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    of, at, toward, or from the side or sides.

bar·bell
ˈbärˌbel/
noun
  1. a long metal bar to which disks of varying weights are attached at each end, used for weightlifting.

squat
skwät/
verb
  1. 1.
    crouch or sit with one's knees bent and one's heels close to or touching one's buttocks or the back of one's thighs.
    "I squatted down in front of him"
aka cossack squats

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic