Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Lee Priest + new tattoo :)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Lee needs to hit up Lunacobra, to get his eyes tattooed. I want mine done so badly.

Those are awesome. I couldn't do it unless I was sedated or something. The reflex I have around my eyes is not something I can control. Tried contact lenses when I was younger and when the eye doc went to put them in I kicked him across the room.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Iduno, a body tatt doesn't mean anything anymore. Once upon a time it was risqué. Reserved for hard core bikers or sailors. Today every 13year old girl has a body tatt. Going to the neck or face is the only way to make a statement with a tatt these days. I'm not sure what that statement is.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I don't like the face tat. Not because I don't like tattoos (and I don't), but this one is just plain ugly and poorly executed. But fellas' don't forget there is a long history of aboriginal face tattooing in the south Pacific. So to Lee having a face tattoo may be more about belonging than saying "F*** the world".

I have corresponded with Lee Priest on another forum and he was cool and level headed, just like Hoodlum says. There was no drama queen about him, nor was he aloof, rather he was personable and appeared to have real empathy for others. He seemed just like a real decent regular guy to me.

Last edited:
kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
But fellas' don't forget there is a long history of aboriginal face tattooing in the south Pacific. So to Lee having a face tattoo may be more about belonging than saying "F*** the world".

You're getting rather confused here , Lee is from Australia he's not of Australian Aboriginal descent - which wouldn't be significant anyway as there is no history of those people tattooing themselves nor is his tattoo of any traditional cultural style .

The traditional face tattooing I think you are referring to is called Ta moko done by the indigenous people of New Zealand called Maoris . if it was in that style it would be even more inappropriate as it's considered an offense for a non Maori to wear not least an Australian .

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I am not confused. I realize Lee is from Austrailia and that the face tattooing is not something the Austrailian aboriginals typically do. I also realize his tattoos are not traditional Maori style.

I am pointing out simply that Lee is from the south pacific, where among the aboriginal (Maoris, and others) face tattooing is a symbol of status and strength. So maybe he is not saying F*** you to the world, but is rather saying "I am strong, I am a warrior, respect me".

And by the way, you should consider maybe because his face tattoos are not Maori style, they will not be offensive to the Maori.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Preist is not Maori and has no right to wear moko. I think what your thinking of though is a ta moko style of tattoo which is common these days, it's called kirituhi. It's normally what's worn by pakeha's as they have no right to wear moko. It's major difference is that it doesn't possess the history and story that moko does, it's only a picture whereas moko represents much much more.

As far as I know aboriginals don't have a tradition of permanent skin markings, they used to cover their half cast kids faces and skin in charcol to make them appear darker so that they wouldn't be taken from the parents in what's known as the stolen generation. A time of white assimilation.

Some other islanders around Australia do have traditional roots to face markings, islands in the pacific like tonga and in parts of Papua New Guinea and a couple of others do this as part of their tribal values but to my knowledge preist doesn't have any connection to those either.

His tattoo doesn't fit in to any of those styles of tattoo though.

rezjzzor084

rezjzzor084

MuscleHead
Dec 17, 2013
rich mutant is wearing sometimes huge watches in youtube vids - and Lee priest aswell like golden stuff everywhere on his body - but already before his tattoos
and the other mr super champ phil heath... big watches and jewelry - :!!

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
Lee is more accessible than any pro

its actually him responding unlike other pros who pay people to run their facebook instagram twitter.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic