Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Learning as I go.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I'd say ditch the smith machine unless a injury is why you use it. If you're afraid of failure without a spot use db's, they are easy enough to bail on. Just my .02

VTdazed

VTdazed

Feb 4, 2014
Thanks 5.0 I'll just stay with the db flat bench for now. I have a rebuilt shoulder but I did my PT and have been working on it but I'm not having any issues with it yet.

Last edited:

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Thanks 5.0 I'll just stay with the db flat bench for now. I have a rebuilt shoulder but I did my PT and have been working on it but I'm not having any issues with it yet.

By all means train smart to stay injury free!

VTdazed

VTdazed

Feb 4, 2014
Well week one complete!
Felt a little sore the first few days but now I'm getting used to it.
Couple of questions i have after this first week.

How often should I weigh myself?
(I did twice this week one Monday morning and this morning as well)

Can the low row replace my set of barbell curls? Or should I add it in to my workout?

Last one, I have been hearing/seeing a lot of the guys at the gym don't run or cardio at all? Is this a personal thing or is there a reason? One guy told me that weight training and cardio can't work together and I should save cardio for my rest days not mix it in with my weights. I have been running 3 miles before each session as a warm up.

Well that's all I got for now gonna plan on cooking my weeks meals this Sunday and excited to start week 2!

Have a good weekend everyone.*cheers*

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
3 miles.... That's a workout on its own! Haha. I personally can't stand running, but if weight loss is the goal- cardio will help get you there. I've noticed that we share a common goal- cleaning up our diets and hitting the gym hard. I'm trying to cut some weight at the moment as well.

I've noticed some EASY weight come off just by eating the right things. Watch your protein, fat, and carbs; you'll be eatting more than ever before, and losing weight at the same time. Absolutely marvelous.

I'll be following, looking forward to future posts.

VTdazed

VTdazed

Feb 4, 2014
Goliac7 thanks right now weight loss is the biggest goal along with understanding nutrition better. It's crazy how much food I'm eating lately! I'm not droppin pounds but not gaining either which I hope is good.

Is starch good for me? Or should I avoid starchy foods?

Thanks I'll check your journal out aswell! Thanks for the motivation my friend

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
I think you have to find that out for yourself. What works best for others might not work best for you. Some guys can get shredded and maintain a high carb intake, others will just feel fat and bloated. I'm part of the low carb camp. It he easiest way to track is follow your nutrition to a T, and see what happens on the scale. I'm currently hitting on average-2500 calories, 75 g fat, 150-200 carbs (feel better the lower I go), and 220-270g protein.

VTdazed

VTdazed

Feb 4, 2014
Sorry for not being active on this im still going strong! This 4 week program is going along great. I haven't had this much energy in awhile some side effects from my meds are slowly starting to fade away.

Workouts have been great I do 5 minutes of walk/jog warm up then straight down the the weight room.

Been changing some of the exercises around trying new ones to replace the moves I don't enjoy all that much:).

Eating all that's changed for me is moderation as of right now. I do watch what I eat alittle more now, still trying to set up a diet plan. I mostly just cook steak ad chicken on Sundays and then make my meals each morning.

Sleep! Wow I haver slept this good in along time!! My meds made me a poor sleeper but that's history. After my gym session and work I have all I can to to finish my joint and a beer. :)

I am down 5lbs I'm very happy about that also some of the usual gym rats I see have been telling me im starting to look better with posture, form and my body.

Well thanks for reading. Any pointers,tips,knowledge lay it on me! This is definitely changing me 100%! Can't wait to see some serious results

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Greg opening post bro... i respect you for taking control of your life now. It wont be easy.. Nothing thats worth achieving ever is... But were all pulling for you.. keep up the hard work and keep your log going for insight. Good luck man.

VTdazed

VTdazed

Feb 4, 2014
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427478785.370749.jpg 1 month ago pic

Not a whole lot of change in appearance yet but god I'm feeling so much better over all and stronger in just gonna keep pushing as hard as I can .

Just keeping these so in the future I can look back and enjoy my achievements!
Thanks everyone

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Each time you've posted this, I just have to think- Where the H*** did you take this photo? haha. Looks like you're in the lobby at Wendy's. Glad to hear you're seeing some changes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic