Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Learning as I go.

VTdazed

VTdazed

Feb 4, 2014
Hey everyone,

I'm 27 years old, I live in a small town in Vermont. This is a completely new world to me as hopefully my new lifestyle. I have been struggling with my weight,exercise and most of all eating for the last few years. I'm an epileptic and have been seizure free for Seven months now after trials of medication. During all the med trials I gained weight,got angry, depressed became un attached to friends and family. I lacked goals and motivation I was stuck in my own head. My meds allowed me to not be at work so I spent the last 2 years without my license and having to depend on others to help me get to places which made me feel like a burden.
Finally my wife told me the brutal truth, she was upset with the fact I had given up on myself. And that in its self triggered something as a man I need to set up to the plate and make my own path!

So here I am, I have a long journey ahead of me and I know in gonna struggle, wanna quit, make excuses, complain but this is something I need for my health and for my future. I have just been reading up and trying to plan out paths, I ask for all pointers,tips,general info, any input thanks everyone!

I'm happy to start this journey in this community where I know I'll find all my answers and needed info. And on that note here is a plan I'm going to try out for the next 4 weeks. Also during that time in going to learn more on dieting and what nutrition I need.

Again thanks for your time, I plan on being as active as I can.

Week 1

Monday/Wednesday/Friday
All 3 sets 8,10,12
Decrease weight on sets

Chest-dumbbell bench press
Back- lat pull down
Shoulders- dumbbell overhead press
Quads- leg press
Hamstrings- lying leg curl
Triceps-rope pressdown
Biceps-barbell curl
Calves standing calf raise
Abs crunch- 3x15

Week 2
2 day split Monday/Thursday
Upper body -lower body
3 sets 10,12,15

Workout 1&3
Chest- bench press
Chest- flat bench dumbbell fly
Back- barbell bent-over row
Back-lat pulldown
Shoulders-dumbbell overhead press
Shoulders- dumbbell lateral raise
Biceps-barbell curl
Biceps-preacher curl machine
Triceps-lying barbell extension
Triceps-rope pressdown
Abs- crunch 3x15-20

Workout 2&4
Tuesday / Friday
3x 10,12,15

Quads-leg press
Quads-leg extension
Hamstrings-lying leg curl
Hamstring-seated leg curl
Calves-standing calf raise
Calves-seated calf raise

Week 3
Three day split-push/pull/legs

Monday/Thursday (push)
Workouts 1&4
4 x 10,10,12,15

Chest- incline barbell press
Chest-flat-bench dumbbell fly
Shoulders-dumbbell overhead press
Shoulders-smith machine upright row
Triceps-lying barbell extension
Triceps-dumbbell kickback

Workouts 2&5
Tuesday/Friday (pull)
4x 8,8,10,12

Back-barbell upright row
Back-one arm dumbbell row
Biceps-incline dumbbell curl
Biceps- preacher curl machine
Abs- reverse crunch 3x15-20
Abs- crunch 3x15-20

Workouts 3&6 (legs)
Wednesday/Saturday
4x 8,8,10,12

Quads-barbell squat
Quads-leg press
Hamstrings-seated leg curl
Hamstrings-Romanian dead lift
Calves-standing calf raise
Calves-seated calf raise

Week 4
Four day split

Workout 1 Monday

Chest

Incline bench press 5x10

Dumbbell bench press
5x 8,8,10,10,12

Flat-bench dumbbell fly
5x 8,8,10,10,12

Triceps

rope pressdown-4x10,10,12 12

Dumbbell kickback 3x10

Lying barbell extension 3x10

Calves

Standing calf raise 3x25

Seated calf raise 3x25

Workout 2 Tuesday
legs/abs

Quads

Barbell squat 5x 10

Leg press 5x8,8,10,10,12

Leg extension 5x 8,8,10,10,12

Hamstrings

Lying leg curl 3x8,10,12

Romanian deadlift 3x8,10,10

Seated leg curl 3x8,10,12

Abs

Reverse crunch- 2x20
Crunch 2x20

Workout 3
Thursday shoulders/calves

Shoulders

Dumbbell over head press 4x12

Smith machine upright row 3x8,10,12

Dumbbell lateral raise 3x10

Calves

Seated calf raise 10x10

Workout 4
Friday Back/biceps/abs

Back

Barbell bent over row 5x12

Lat pulldown 5x8,8,10,12,12

One arm dumbbell row 5x8,8,8,10,10

Biceps

Barbell curl 4x10,10,12,12

Incline dumbbell curl 3x10

Preacher curl machine 3x10

Abs

Crunch 3x20

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Hey brother! Really glad to see you starting a log. It's a great decision and I promise that it will only benefit and motivate you. The log family here is really close and we all take care of, inspire, congratulate, motivate, constructively criticize, and name call each other :) and also help each other map out and reach goals. The possibilities are endless here at TID with the family we have.

For the 4week program you have set up. I think it's a good setup to get your body back into the training effect an prepared to take on some iron. Do you mainly work alone or do you have a training partner/spotter too?

Congratulations on the 7 month seizure freeness bro!!! That is great, I hope it continues that route. Also, you sound like you have a great woman by your side. Sounds like she has stuck by you the past few years and struggles physically and emotionally with you and didn't bail, but stayed and supported you and was bold when she needed to be. Good for both of you. I'm in your corner 100% and will help you on this journey any way I can brother! Best of luck

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I don't know what meds you take, but topiramate is good for weight loss.

VTdazed

VTdazed

Feb 4, 2014
Thanks iron I truly do appreciate all the info you provided me with from the jump. If not for you i don't think i would be reaching out like this. So much thanks to you my friend!

I mainly workout alone, mostly for my own issues which I'm working on. My anxiety is still a little high in public so I just blast my headphones and keep my head down. I plan on trying to find someone though I'm going to need the help.

Thanks for the input

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
Thanks iron I truly do appreciate all the info you provided me with from the jump. If not for you i don't think i would be reaching out like this. So much thanks to you my friend!

I mainly workout alone, mostly for my own issues which I'm working on. My anxiety is still a little high in public so I just blast my headphones and keep my head down. I plan on trying to find someone though I'm going to need the help.

Thanks for the input
only time i ever felt i need a partner was for bench days..other then that i like to lift solo

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Glad to see you start a log/journal. You're in a good place with good people. Stick with it, don't give up, hit it hard and u will see results. You have to want this more than anything, good luck man!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Very impressive brother!

This is great and we will support you!

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
only time i ever felt i need a partner was for bench days..other then that i like to lift solo

Yeah I'm mostly the same Bundy. My main reason for asking this was in the case he were ever to have an episode while under the weight. God forbid that ever happen, but just something I was contemplating. A spot on certain things, and at least a partner with him when possible would be great for many reasons but definitely for safety with that issue.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
Yeah I'm mostly the same Bundy. My main reason for asking this was in the case he were ever to have an episode while under the weight. God forbid that ever happen, but just something I was contemplating. A spot on certain things, and at least a partner with him when possible would be great for many reasons but definitely for safety with that issue.
i lift with guys that dont use aas...they cant hang after a certain amount of time so i have to go at it alone most of the time..I would love to have a juicehead for a partner..I agree it helps to have a partner

VTdazed

VTdazed

Feb 4, 2014
I do plan on finding a partner to lift with, for that reason iron. I have no clue or sign of when I'm about to have another episode,so for safety my doctors and wife want me to find one and who knows it might help me work out my anxiety issues.

Diet
I'm going to be working on planning my diet, well at least start getting a better understanding of what plans sound good and what I need to match my routine best.

Supplements
I'm currently not taking anything. I'm going I be researching supplements as well.
i have used in the past -whey,
amino engery,
Glycol maize,
amino flow,
multi vitamins.
None of these caused any side effect to my meds. Do I need to worry about sups. Yet? Or should I just stay eating the same a see what results in getting? Then add sups? Also any recommendations for products? I know there is a lot and many opinions on them.

Thanks everyone for the time and support!

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Great start brother! The tid family is strong and in your corner. Stick with it!

VTdazed

VTdazed

Feb 4, 2014
Day 1 complete.

Made this Monday workout my bitch.

Couple of questions I thought of while working out.

When I decrease weight on my sets how much should I decrease by? 5lbs,10lbs?

How long of a rest should I be taking between each set?

Should I go through each workout on its own or mix workouts during sets? Today I did each workout by itself to get used to and practice form.

I shouldn't worry about how long it takes correct just good form and completing sets?

Last question, am I wrong for using the smith machine for bench, only do it since I have no spotter.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic