Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Leaders of Portland-based, international steroid-trafficking ring sentenced

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Two of the ringleaders in an international steroid and drug-trafficking ring that rented a Happy Valley apartment to manufacture and distribute the substances have been sentenced to multiple years in federal prison following a federal wiretap investigation.
Landon Britt, the kingpin, transferred more than $570,000 to Chinese chemical companies between 2006 and 2013, ordering powder anabolic steroids, human growth hormone and other related substances. Shipping records showed more than 65 shipments received by Britt and his associates.

Britt used wire transfers or international bank transfers to pay for the overseas steroid supplies.

Britt, together with Shane Jack, rented a Happy Valley apartment that they used as a manufacturing and stash site, where the anabolic steroid power was converted into liquid. There, they also prepared, packaged, marketed and distributed the steroids under a labeled brand called "Pharmagen'' to customers locally and across the United States.

Britt also ventured into the marijuana business with a significant grow operation on land he purchased in Selma. Investigators intercepted through wiretaps a phone call in which Britt spoke about conducting nighttime armed patrols of the Selma marijuana grow.

Britt, 31, and Jack, 53, both pleaded guilty to conspiracy to import, manufacture, distribute and possess with intent to distribute steroids, marijuana, Oxycodone and Hydrocodone, and conspiracy to commit international money laundering.

Britt was sentenced to 5 years and 10 months in prison last month.

On Friday morning, co-conspirator and body builder Jack, 53, was sentenced to three years and seven months in prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy and international money laundering.

Jack told the court he regretted his actions. His attorney said Jack began bodybuilding as a young teen to rebuff a bully, and fell "into this subculture'' in which other competitors and even competition judges told him that using steroids was part of the process.

"Mr. Jack saw steroids was prevalent, endemic in bodybuilding,'' assistant federal public defender Ruben Iniguez said. "He started taking it and he did very well.''
Iniguez argued that the drug distribution was by mail, and "wasn't on the street in dark shadowy cultures.''

While not the top guy in the operation, Jack was Britt's leading co-conspirator, prosecutors said. He distributed the steroids through the U.S. mail to locations across the United States. Because Jack had such steady customers, they'd deposit money directly into his bank accounts. He received more than half a million dollars in his account for the drug sales, Assistant U.S. Attorney Thomas H. Edmonds said. As a lucrative side business, Jack also was involved in selling a large amount of oxycodone pills in Portland, according to the prosecutor.

"You were in it up to your eyeballs,'' U.S. District Court Judge Michael W. Mosman told him. "I think you were heavily involved in something that was morally wrong, dangerous to your customers and harmful to society.'' It wasn't a one-time mistake, but lasted for at least six years, the judge noted.

"At the time, I didn't realize the harm I did. I've mostly hurt my family,'' Jack said, standing before the judge. "I know that I made a mistake. I'm not asking for any mercy – all I'm asking for is help. I'm truly sorry for what I did.''

He's to voluntarily surrender to federal prison on Feb. 18.

The two are among 15 defendants who were indicted in the criminal conspiracy case. Of the 15, 12 have been sentenced; three are awaiting sentencing. Jack's ex-wife, Georgia Jack, who helped with the manufacture of the steroids by filling vials and bottles with liquid steroids for sale at the Happy Valley apartment, got probation.

Another body builder , Bradley Hollibaugh, 49, who served as a distributor for Jack, was given six months home detention Friday for his more limited role.

Hollibaugh's lawyer, Laura Shertz, said her client brought a plastic bag full of medication to court because he's suffering from a reduction in his kidney functioning and other ailments
Shertz said she knows it might be hard to believe he's suffering physically because Hollibaugh, a bald muscular man with broad shoulders who stood beside her, still looks like "a mountain of a man.''

Shertz said Hollibaugh recently got hit up at his gym for steroids, and admonished the seller to stop what he was doing.

While Mosman said he doesn't consider the distribution of steroids as bad as the sale of methamphetamine, he said it's still very harmful to users.

"It's far below meth, but it's worth taking seriously,'' Mosman said. "Everyone who has taken it for a long time is in bad shape physically.''

Source: oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/01/leaders_of_portland-based_inte.html

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Numbers are not adding up, they sent $570,000 to China within a 6 year period, thats a ton of powder. No way all he made was half a million dollars.....That amount going to China would have resulted in this group taking in 3-5 million easy and that doesnt count the pain medication business they had on the side....

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
The Feds are not very good at math I think

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Well for all the charges that's a pretty light sentence. Must have had good lawyers.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
2yov9qf.png

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Numbers are not adding up, they sent $570,000 to China within a 6 year period, thats a ton of powder. No way all he made was half a million dollars.....That amount going to China would have resulted in this group taking in 3-5 million easy and that doesnt count the pain medication business they had on the side....

THAT is quite a mark up !!! Geez these guys were ripping people off , probably a good thing they were taken off the streets ..ripping people off like wall st gangstas!!

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
I know one of these guys. Not a bad guy either, but resellers get full sentences unless they snitch.

So what you are seeing is alot of snitching. No way the Feds let them run loose for 6 years. 1-2 maybe...

Someone got busted and ratted the others. 500K in powder is probably $5 million in sales. Numbers def dont add up.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Damn I get tired of hearing about all these busts!

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
THAT is quite a mark up !!! Geez these guys were ripping people off , probably a good thing they were taken off the streets ..ripping people off like wall st gangstas!!

rAAJIN will.blow a gasket when he sees this.....LOL

I personally know one of the.guys (acquaintance not friend) here and I know he gave up.all info that could help him out and based upon his sentencing it appears it did.
I never engaged in any activities outside the law with him because he was so blatantly doing his thing I KNEW he was gonna get popped eventually.
Crazy guy all around really, and he had quite a following at one point.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic