Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Lat Workouts, Lat Exercises and Lat Training Tips

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
I would love to hear you Lat Workouts, Lat Exercises and Lat Training Tips. I have always had the hardest time getting my lats sore and recently have been able to stimulate them by exagerating a very foreful contraction and really squeezing the heck out of them. Even still though, it is not as consistant as I would like it to be. I think part of it has to do with how I am built/put together. I have small joints and long limbs; not sure how or even if this would affect my lat training?

So if peeps could post techniques,lat workouts, training concepts and tips for lats.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
pullups have helped mine more than anything i think.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Exactly ATW, pullups are king for lats. Also try close grip underhand pulldowns.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
as ATW says pullups but if you want to make them sore as hell ..then do the ole gym class rope climb without legs...if u cant climb just one time to ring the bell then ur in trouble...plus u get a good bi workout too

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Squats
Deadlifts
Barbell Rows Wide Grip
Cable Rows Wide Grip with long straight bar
Wide Grip Pullups
Wide Grip Pulldowns
T- Bar Rows with Handle Bars
Palm Down Grip On Hammer Rows

But I'm a Powerlifter and think one that is a Bodybuilder needs to mix the grips up a lot more then we do.

In Powerlifting it has been a standard train of thought to do back work in the same plain as a bench movement but your pulling not pressing.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Oh and I always say squats and deads because if you do both correct your whole body is feeling it I can't tell you how many time I got done squatting and said damn my chest feels like it just got worked and it's because it did.

I always feel back on squats and deads always and not just low but the whole back.

You know the saying you want a bigger chest squat and pull you want a bigger back squat and pull.

I just hate it when I hear a dude bitch about the body and growth and you ask what do you do for legs and it's Leg Press and Extension well there's your reason why LOL.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
for my lats its bench press lat pulls and pull ups done heavy 8reps 8 sets

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
barbell rows, tbar rows, wide grip pulldowns, underhand close grip pulldowns, cable rows, dumbell rows, pullups (not all at once). i switch between a "week 1" and "week 2" workout for all bodyparts in order to mix it up a little and hit em from every angle

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
My favorite would be bent BB rows......pull ups are a close second

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic