pbtom
What's New?

Last Day in my 40's

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Happy Early Birthday..lol
It's nothing but a number REALLY, if I met myself in a dark alley today as my 18-30 year old self I wouold smash that punk, and I was a pretty damned hard rider;)
Train for life and always be learning new things
an old philosophical phrase I remember hanging by a guys bunk atv Little Creek Virginia in the 80's said
"Excercise the Mind and Make Strong the body"
I have tried my best to live by that ever since, READ daily and look towards the future as if playing a chess game rather than just plodding through life one move at a time:)
Cheers

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My best advice....
use plenty of lube...do 20mins of light (progressing to moderate) cardio prior to lifting...watch out for that black ice...our hips are like potato chips anymore :p

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Sorry to burst your bubble (or not) but contrary to the old people hate devouring society, there is no 'magic switch' and you won't leave 40 and become 50 overnight.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Wow, I had you pegged for being much older then me. Okay, Bad Snakey, bad Snakey.

Well Happy Birthday Miss Bova! I could give you the good and also the bad but for now, enjoy the day. Life is short, eat cake first!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Yes. From me who is 54: Age is just a number. It is what you do that counts, not the number that identifies how old you are. I am enjoying some of my best years, yet, now I am in my 50's. Money is better than ever, I am healthy and train 6 days per week. A few years back (while in my 50's) I won a national strongman championship for the master's class, beating out 20 or so guys in their early 40's. I have gotten leaner every year for the past 6 or 8 years, and am starting to see veins everywhere and can barely see my abs, (something I have never seen, except once in my early 20's). Back pain that I had suffered since my teens, went a way a few years ago, with all my training and seeing my chiropractor and weekly back massages (it is good that I can afford them). And last but not least: I am married to the love of my life.

A lot of my happiness is due to my state of mind, which is better than ever. But it definitely helps I have made so much progress in the financial and physique aspects of my life.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Welcome to the Over 50 club.

Nothing changed for me so far (52 now).

Keep goin'.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
So.....today, Wednesday, 1/15/20 is my last official day in my 40's in term of physical body age. UGH.....

Any last tips on things I should do? : )

Any tips for my 50's?

just turned 46 the day before you....Happy Belated!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic