Members
Latest Member
westsidebehavioralcare
What's New?

Laptops

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
I need a new laptop (mine was stolen by little f****** last April) and I have no idea which one to buy. I don't work on it, all I do is surf the boards, chat, send/read emails and do some research. I don't upload movies or music and I'm not a geek. I need an user friendly 13 or 15" laptop :)

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
It depends on how much you can afford and kind of work are you going to need it for. Personally i lean more and more towards Mac computers, be it a laptop or a desktop. These things are amazing.

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
It depends on how much you can afford and kind of work are you going to need it for. Personally i lean more and more towards Mac computers, be it a laptop or a desktop. These things are amazing.
Mac books are amazing (I'm an Apple fan) but they are a bit tricky for people like me and ... expensive. As I said, I only use mine to surf the boards and do some research, store pictures, send emails. I don't need anything fancy. I don't play games either, so I don't really need a "multimedia" laptop.

I will look into Dells, Slic.
A buddy of mine, ragamuffin, who is a real "geek" (no pun intended) and likes Toshiba's a lot. The lady friend I stayed with in NYC has a Toshiba (she got it from the school where she was studying) and she says it's awesome.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
I dont trust people with one mouse button! LOL. LOVE the Ipads for just sitting around surfing, too.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Good point about the IPad. What I mean is that if I am travelling and only want to read the news or watch YOUTUBE or something like that, an IPad is an excellent choice. I got my gf one earlier this year. She loves it...but when she is ordering online or working, she uses a laptop.

-CC-

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Not a bad laptop per se. But the processor is a little dated. I would get something with at least an i5. However it should work well for your needs. I don't play games on mine either. Also I would get a better warranty than the one they offer. One year isn't long enough imo. I'd try to get something with a 3 year warranty.

Slic.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
They have a two year extended that is good but its pricey. Good point slic.

My strategy with hardware is to find deals where if it dies after a couple of years, I can replace it as cheap as I can get it fixed. My threshold is $350.00 for the average user. If it is going to take more than that to repair a laptop, I recommend people get a new one.

I have at least 10 of the $450-$499 Acer laptop in the field after a couple of years with very few problems. If they die, just get a new one.
-CC-