Rolanalon
What's New?

Landmines....Incorporating in Glute Workout

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Recently for my glute workouts, i've incorporated using a landmine to do landmine squats for a great exercise for glutes. This is a great exercise all women can do, no matter their level in exercise (beginner, intermediate or advanced). For beginner, just use the barbell alone....then just add weight as needed as you get or are stronger.

Link to a page that has some other landmine exercises, but Landmine Squats are #1 on this page:

You can also google "landmine squats" for other sites/instructions.

I like this exercise because you can adjust your footing as such to really find the sweet spot where you can bend to squat so you are using all of your glutes in the action. Plus you can come up fast and get that explosiveness too.
In the picture on the link, this is how i hold onto the bar too.
Of course, ensure that the other end of the bar is securely in place LOL. Your gym should have the other end of this somewhere.

Happy Lifting Y'all!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Ooooh, I just got a landmine setup, gotta give these a try!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Currently using mine just for Rowing ... parallel grip = pull to Abs and medium wide grip = pull to mid-chest. Intended as a big part of my Back workout, but holding a solid position while Rowing hits my Glutes hard as well, even with no rotation about that joint. It's to the extent It's become an issue trying to design a Week that has a Rowing day and a Squat day without detracting from either or both. Still love my Landmine; if scheduling is the worst problem I ever have I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
2 separate bars. I have seen combo handles online that cost way more than my 2 inventions and may not offer the skinny handles I prefer. So far I am only Rowing and do not do other Landmine movements that have the user out at the end of the barbell.

I am 5' 10" tall with reasonably normal skeletal proportions as to arm length, leg length, and torso length ... but my hands are a bit small, an apparent DNA gift from my mother. I (can) deal with the 1.25" - 1.3" handles Rogue and others sell, but I often have to end a set for grip reasons before my back gives out ... I would much prefer a 1.00" grip that Rogue + rivals do not offer.

My solution for the parallel handle ended up just buying one of those Brand X triangle handles off Amazon for about $20. Its handles feel like 1" and they give me back that edge that bigger hands would provide.

For the medium or wide grip, I did a real jury-rig with that weird "Pin + Pipe Safety Unit" gizmo Titan sells. One of the two 2" pipes goes on the inboard end of my 7' Oly Bar's sleeve, and I slide a steel 1" pipe from any plumbing supply place through the other 2" pipe from the gizmo ... and that 1" pipe becomes my medium or wide other handle. I put a section of rubber foam(?) plumbing insulation on the 1" pipe and within the gizmo's 2" pipe to prevent any shifting around during the set; works perfectly.

I doubt this will be of much use to most TID folks, but I wanted to reply in case there are any here who share my problem OR who are equipping a home gym with a wife, g/f, or medium-sized child included in their plans.

Warning: Rogue + others sell handles specifically for Landmines that have your hands as much as 10" above the barbell sleeve. My 2 jury-rigs do not. The intent here is to keep YOU from being hit by Plates or Barbell in the face, chest, or yes ... the nut Housing Group. You can easily solve that problem by elevating just your feet on something reliable that won't shift mid-set. In my case, I have a few THICK rubber mats Gyms use that I have never discarded from home gyms of the past.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Small hands are a turn-on for you?

Liddybet75

Liddybet75

TID Lady Member
Apr 17, 2022
Hey @BovaJP
Bigrobbies wife saying hello and thanks for all the advice you gave him in regards to my first AAS experience. I appreciate you girl!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
You don't think LK's advice about Asian women provides value to some of the "average" Gents on TID? :confused:

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hey @BovaJP
Bigrobbies wife saying hello and thanks for all the advice you gave him in regards to my first AAS experience. I appreciate you girl!

Anytime, and feel free to PM with any questions and stuff. Glad to see you here and signed up. Good luck!

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
I just bought multi grip T-bar handle for rows and viking press handle. As for glute/leg stuff, honestly I think there ate better options out there, unless off balance uni-lateral training is your thing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic