Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Landmines....Incorporating in Glute Workout

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
There's a place called Sorinex, sorta like Rogue but more so. Begun by Richard Sorin, who is now about 70yo, and run by his son, Bert. Bert used lifting as an aid to his main interest, which was the Hammer Throw, as contested in the Olympics. Bert didn't quite make it to the Olympics, but he did get a free college education on an athletic scholarship.

Rumor has it that Richard invented Landmines* to help his son pursue his dream, probably back in the 1980s, kinda like what myosaurus is saying. I just use mine for Rowing with different grips, but they can be used for all kinds of overhead and twisting stuff if your goal is more about "the Core."

* might be one of the few things Louie Simmons did not invent :D

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
You can use a dip/squat belt for belt squats using the landmine row if you are not too strong (squatting 405+).

IronBreez

IronBreez

Aug 3, 2017
I can't find any place for landmines in my routines for these reasons:
1. I can do any exercise I could do on landmine better with a barbell, dumbbell, kettlebell or in a machine.
2. If I understand physics right the weight gets lighter when you move the weight side of the barbell upwards. I don't need the weight to be heavier on low and the getting lighter when I move it up. If I need that kind of assistance I need it vice versa.

What is landmine good for then?
I can think of it as a good way of strength and conditioning for athletes who train something where they need rotational movement. Track and field throwers, pitchers maybe even tennis players. I wouldn't recommend those rotational exercises for anyone training anything bodybuilding related for injury risk. I think those rotational exercises have high injury risk for ankles, knees, and shoulders.

It's good to do rotational movements for conditioning. I would still recommend doing something safer than landmines. You have to pay full focus on your technique all the time to avoid injury and there's just much more safer options for conditioning.

But if you find it good for you keep doing what's good for you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic