Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Laguardia Airport

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
There's a chance I may take a job on the Laguardia Airport construction project. For those of you familiar with that area, if I did take it, where would be a good area to look for an apartment that's close by and not $200,000/month?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
That airport is the worse I have ever traveled through.....Hopefully u bulldozer it and create something brand new.....

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
There's a chance I may take a job on the Laguardia Airport construction project. For those of you familiar with that area, if I did take it, where would be a good area to look for an apartment that's close by and not $200,000/month?

have friends in Woodlawn Bronx which is a bit of a commute I thin... They really love it though. Neighborhood up the hill from the rambling house. Also know a few people that live in park slope, and crown heights. Crown heights would be the most affordable of all... Hoboken is cool too, and jersey city is real cheap. It's all gonna depend on what kind of shifts you would be doing, and how that lens up with traffic pattern. Bridge and tunnel commute at rush hour sucks big time

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Depends where you want to live bro. You can live in Queens in a nice area or you can get out to the suburbs of Long Island, many places close by that are easy to shake and bake to the airport.
You don't want to go to the Bronx, why pay the toll, makes no sense. Lived in many close by places and have family working at the airport, hot me up when you get close to deciding and I can help you if needed.

You can also stay with Bro Bundy in Brooklyn on the cheap....

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Bundy operates a hostel for young men

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
good luck finding a cheap apt..My friend just rented a studio in harlem for 1500..On the plus side queens is the center of prostitution in ny now..roosevelt blvd at 3am will bring you back to time square 1984

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
good luck finding a cheap apt..My friend just rented a studio in harlem for 1500..On the plus side queens is the center of prostitution in ny now..roosevelt blvd at 3am will bring you back to time square 1984

How does that rate with 3rd ave in the 40's back in the 90's?

Astoria is is best bet for normal living or Whitestone both very close and probably in his price range. Could always go to Koreatown, good food!!

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012

Astoria is is best bet for normal living or Whitestone both very close and probably in his price range. Could always go to Koreatown, good food!!

much heavier police presence now then in the 90s..The 40s had great filth back then I lived in manhattan during the 80s for a while

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

Used to visit my grandparents in whitestone. My old man was from flushing. Beautiful Italian neigborhood.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Used to visit my grandparents in whitestone. My old man was from flushing. Beautiful Italian neigborhood.

flushing or better yet bayside queens, some really nice neighborhoods there, bigger homes - prob could rent a house

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic