Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Lagging Chest, help needed

G

getb1g

Apr 1, 2013
I have a hard time working on my chest more than any other muscle group. It might be partially genetics. My bench is my slowest progressing lift. I do a variety of incline, decline, flat, dumbbell, flys, cable exercises. I see little inprovement in both strength gains, and size.

Any advice ? Tips?

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
Long you been training for? Mate it takes time long time!! Just keep plod'n away! Make sure your form is bang on!

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Yeah man, no magic work out. Eat, work, recovery. Just takes time. Gear helps...lol

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
try training to failure every once ina while... push past how much you can do... have a good spotter

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Throw some dips in there also if you don't do them already. My chest didn't really start growing steadily until I add dips in regularly.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Use a spotter and go for some forced reps.

S

SFmuscl

Aug 2, 2012
Do push-ups to failure after each heavy set. That really helped me. Also, be sure your form is spot-on. Most people push their shoulders forward; I always instruct my clients to dig the shoulder blades into the bench, rolling them back. Try it.

Also dips!!

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Don't let your elbows go lower than parallel and focus on the negative part of the motion (3-4") and 1-2" for the eccentric. 12-15 sets are enough for most people.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Superset everything in order to keep the muscle under stress/ tension for longer periods of time, drop sets with a spotter etc... also will help push yourself every workout as hard as you can.

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
I didnt see you list db pullovers. If your not doing them add them in.. great for the upper chest

T

turnmeup88

Nov 13, 2012
I really developed Upper Chest through an advice given to me. On incline bench instead of bringing the bar down to the chest, bring it in line with your mouth. My flat benched increased by around 10% after doing this

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
You ever hit negatives at all? Or do any static hold exercises? Those really helped me gain mass and strength in my chest. Hitting those isometric contractions hard!! Try it out, but make sure you have someone strong enough to spot the weight you are using, preferably two people if possible. I also agree with the dips, and weighted ones as well. Weighted dips do great things for my chest

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic