Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
My best was 1080 (12/side) for 8 (w/ a couple of spotters on hand!)

THese days I cap it at 6-7 plates / side or more like 4-5 / side for drop rep sets, or 1-2 plates / side for alternating leg drop rep sets. Its hard to get creative high rep actiion when you're training by yourself,

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
My wife, at 130# did 180 x 50 for a finisher after our conditioning day.

She also squatted 420 at 133 in her last contest. As in - depth judged, in a real meet, 420lbs.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
If I may give my opinion, ladies... Peachazz, if you are using full range of motion, no bouncing, and squeezing at the top, then 2 plates per side can be a very effective weight. It's not all about how much weight you can move.

I concur MOST people leg pressing use poor form and half reps only, I would focus more on quality movements and taking it DEEP like my buddy LK suggests...lol

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Leg press has so many variables !!!!! I honestly can say my rom is so short it isn't even worth it for me.

This however is hilarious !!!!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhdLah...top_uri=/watch?v=ZhdLahq_Wus&feature=youtu.be

The one and only time I ever showed off in the gym, as I typically am the getting my shit done haven't got time for ego games. Was when 3 tards with sticks for legs maxed out the press and did less ROM then this chick. One of these brofessors all hyped up on his ego after maxing out the press came up to me bragging as I was doing some light weights on the press next to him. Told me if I want to get big legs I need to step up my game. I'm completely covered up with baggy pants on mind you. I dropped my pants had shorts underneath and said you mean like these. My legs are probably double his as I'm genetically blessed in the leg department visually not strength wise. They kind of felt embarrassed and walked away with a deflated ego.

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
funny video! why even waste time puttin on all those plates if ur not gonna do it right?!

P

Pambo2

Dec 5, 2013
I agree with GiantSlayer... it's really not about how heavy you can go. I use two plates, sometimes 3 per side but no more than 3. I also like the security of a smith machine while performing my squats. I don't work with a partner so safety is an issue with me. But if you get 12 good deep squats with 2 plates a side for 4 sets should make your legs not only strong but bigger. I've never had problems with my legs, I love 45 degree press machine also. Now there I can stack on the plates. You want to burn your hind end do 45 degree seated presses. Also I love the Hack but like my squates I don't exceed 2 plates a side. Something else you may want to try is straight legged deads. You don't need a lot of weight, the bar and a few dimes will do the trick, but that burns the hell out of your hams.

H

Helga

Apr 10, 2013
Hi I press 120kg sometimes 3-4 sets between 10-12 reps. i love the leg press!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic