Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Lactic Acid Training For Fat Loss

G

Godsmack

Sep 18, 2010
Have you guys heard of lactic acid training?

You probably have but do you know how effective for fat loss it is?

It's probably one of the greatest exercise style's there is.

The concept is to perform your concentric phase very slow while you do your eccentric phase very fast.

Research has shown that type of tempo basically forces the body to release a huge surge of human growth hormone when your carbohydrate storage is low , and for you guys who don't know that's a very good thing.

The only down side is if you do it for an extended period of time, you will lose your strength, so my rule is to never use if for anymore than 6 weeks.

Anyways...

So how do we use lactic acid training to burn more fat faster while preserving and even building muscle mass?

The first thing you must do is go low carb for a couple of days, 2-3 is good. Then on that 4th day you do your lactic acid training workout.

Then to burn fat even FASTER, eat a high carbohydrate meal as soon as possible after your workout and your body will release IGF-1 like crazy!

That means you will actually build muscle while burning fat even faster. Obviously you wont build POUNDS of muscle but about 1-2 pounds in 4 weeks, which is a lot better than nothing.

Try this lactic acid workout and tell me how it works

A1) Pull Ups 3 Sets Of 10 On A 4-0-1 Tempo

A2) Prisoner Squat 3 Sets Of 20 On A 1-0-4 Tempo

A3) Pushups 3 Sets Of 25 On A 1-0-4 Tempo

A4) Pistols 3 Sets Of 8 Each Leg On A 1-0-4 Tempo

A5) Inverted Rows 3 Sets Of 15 On A 4-0-1 Tempo

A6) Bulgarian Split Squat 3 Sets Of 15 Each Leg On A 1-0-4 Tempo

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
First I have heard of this, interesting concept.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Only thing I know of lactic acid is from racing MX. Sometimes you would get killer 'arm pump' about mid race. Docs came up with lactic acid build up as the culprit.
Haven't seen it for weight loss yet, learned something new again

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I don't know how well this actually works. Somethings that work great in theory turn out to be a disaster when put into practice.

I know when it comes to conditioning that you want to increase your alactic capacity so you can repeat high levels of output with incomplete rest periods.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
when you say "research shows" are you actually citing a research study?

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
"That means you will actually build muscle while burning fat even faster. Obviously you wont build POUNDS of muscle but about 1-2 pounds in 4 weeks, which is a lot better than nothing."

No way you are putting on 1-4 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks naturally doing this.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
There are plenty of good reasons to use an explosive positive and a slow negative that go beyond lactic acid production.

Upon re-reading your post it appears that your suggesting doing the opposite. Slow concentric? Fast eccentric? Strange.

Last edited:
GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I was doing some research on this and the best I can find is that "lactic acid training" is basically just a drop set. I could not find anywhere where it is recommended to do a slow concentric. Anyone have a link?

Murica

Murica

Aug 2, 2013
There are plenty of good reasons to use an explosive positive and a slow negative that go beyond lactic acid production.

Upon re-reading your post it appears that your suggesting doing the opposite. Slow concentric? Fast eccentric? Strange.

I noticed the concentric/eccentric intervals as well. Not only strange but less tissue stimulation.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic