Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Lactic Acid Buildup

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
After working in 5 sets of very heavy negatives on the bench last night I have developed some serious lactic acid buildup in my pecs and triceps. I have to tell you I cannot remember the last time it was this bad. I literally cannot lift my arm overhead.

So what remedies do you use or know of to relieve lactic acid buildup FAST?! Im actually going to have to call off tonights workout......

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
baking soda....

Do you supplement at all? creatine, glutamine could help prevent or delay lactic acid. IMO improving your Vo2 uptake should help too...

anyway...my 2 cents

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I have taken Glutamine 3 times already today. Have the hot tub warming up now also. How much baking soda?

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM

MSM's biggest claim to fame is its contribution of organic sulfur. Sulfur gets a bad rap with most humans because it's associated with the likes of rotten eggs and other ghastly odors. But my guess is you didn’t know that next to water and sodium, sulfur is the most prominent compound in your body and modern soils are deficient (therefore modern foods don't provide enough sulfur)!

For pain relief, sulfur works by relieving pressure at the cellular level, thus helping toxins (including lactic acid, too much alcohol, etc.)

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
4 parts BAC water and 1 part baking soda. Inject it into the muscle with a 18g. :) J/K

I have heard glutamine helps and take it after every workout.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
Never used it myself so I not really sure...I remeber reading that it help, but can't find article right now.... Sorry Admin

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I need relief in about 4 hours. I read an article written by Boyer Coe in muscle and fitness years ago that eating 8 raw tomatoes would do the job and quick......... problem is I hate tomatoes. Didnt know if you fellas had any quick remedies I hadnt heard of.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
If your still having latic acid issues, it my understaning you body PH is off, so mix up some baking soda and water and give it a try. The other thing that will help is just to train through it...

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
tons of vitamin c washes it away

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Gave a friend a tbs baking soda in water and he chugged, worked for him

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic