Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Lactic Acid Buildup

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
As mentioned above, improving your VO2 i the best way. Lactic acid build up is more of a circulatory issue that one of PH. Your body is extremely efficient at keeping your PH at homeostasis. Baking soda is not going to help. Besides if you are die hard on taking a base, just chew up some tums. But its not going to help your lactic acid.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
4 parts BAC water and 1 part baking soda. Inject it into the muscle with a 18g. :) J/K.

I wonder if that's not a dodgy practice , given that no sterility or filtration of the substance is mentioned.. or is baking soda unable to hold bacteria?.
I was using baking soda prior to working out before I went on vacation, just a heaped teaspoon in a small amount of water, down the hatch.. and I did find the my reps of light and medium weight increased pleasingly after a week or so and also less muscle soreness after workouts.
I need to buy some more.

S

strongishsteve

Apr 29, 2013
its probably a huge amount of fibre damage from doing 5 sets of negatives. why where you doing 5 sets of negatives anyway? just curious.

get a massage, contrast showers, lax ball and theracane should help. but really you've probably just worked way above your recovery levels with that much eccentric loading.

RHH1084

RHH1084

Aug 3, 2012
I would say there's not much you can do aside from the latter posts' suggestion of massages! We do know that LA buildup is a by-product of depleting oxygen in the bloodstream as a result of stress. Massages, although painful, will bring freshly oxygenated blood to the muscle fibers in those "not so easy to reach" places. Golf ball being the most painful self-massage tool, tennis ball being adequate and much less painful. Work with the muscle tissue by holding the ball in your hand and run it transverse/perpendicular to the "ropes." Oh, and drink lots and lots of water to evacuate the impurities! Don't hurt yourself any more. Hope this helps!-Cheers

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
Drink water....and stay away from dairy products

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
This was a huge problem when I used to race MX waay back when. We called it arm pump, your forearms would literally turn to concrete and your hands would be dead. Now that sports have evolved, it is now known it was\is lactic acid build up. Most just have to take time off rest\heal. Some guys were actually getting surgery for it. I haven't been that involved for awhile t but I would almost guaruntee they would have the answer as no one is getting the surgeries anymore and the top guys make milllions and have personal trainers \Docs. I'll dig around

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic