Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

L-Glutamine - pre/post workout, pre/post sleep? Which is best and Why?

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
I've bought some good quality L-Glutamine and was wondering when the best time to take it is.

The site I bought the L-Glutamine from says to take it either waking up or before bed, pre or post workout.

Which do you guys think is best? Also, how much at this recommended time?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Its for immune support - I usually do 5grams post workout and 5 grams pre bed. I've read that it shares receptors with creatine so it shouldn't be stacked with it.... Anyone got anything on that?

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I used to do it 4 times a day, in the morning, pre workout, post workout, and before bed.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I used to do it 4 times a day, in the morning, pre workout, post workout, and before bed.

This ^^^^

Good advice! :)

You don't need more than 20-25grams per day because then it begins to convert to ammonia which is extremely toxic.

Bodymekanics

Bodymekanics

Mar 14, 2014
This ^^^^

Good advice! :)

You don't need more than 20-25grams per day because then it begins to convert to ammonia which is extremely toxic.

^^^This and the quote that he quoted are both sound advice. Also, remember to check any proteins you take or things like that. A lot already include glutamine at vary dosages as well.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Actually, you dont need any supplemental glutamine. Ever.

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
Gluta scares me. No seriously. I bought Pharma Grade Gluta and it kicked my arse.

After the third day of taking it, I started to feel "weird" and spacey like.

By the end of the first week, I would wake up with this negative voice in my head.

Right in the middle of the second week of being on it, that one voice had become four voices.

I know this may sound like a put-on or made up story, but again Gluta scares because I am very positive, focused, and well centered. And it had me hearing voices!

About a month after I got off of it and started to feel great again. Then I read an interesting article on a blood collection that these scientists did from various folks with schizophrenia. And guess what each of them had? A higher concentration of Glutamine in their blood. I was like wow, now I know where the negative voices came from.

Never, ever will I try Gluta again!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic