Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Kreuz gets 10 years for steroid business

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Priorities and choices always make a difference. Greg Kreuz will spend 10 years in prison for his steroid operation.

Judge Alan Mayberry sentenced Kreuz on Friday and used Kreuz' own words from a previous charge against him.

In a pre-sentence report made in 2005 in a Fulton County case on similar charges, Kreuz said he then realized how "precious" his children were. He stated he would not have committed the crimes had he understood that.

"I pray to be there for them," Mayberry read from Kreuz' statement.
"Here we are again," the judge said. "To you, it's more important to have money and things."

The judge referenced the volume of letters he had received in support of the defendant, many of which affirmed his role as a great dad.

"Obviously that's not true. It's just a front you put on for others," the judge said repeating, "Obviously that's not true."

The 39-year-old Perrysburg resident pleaded guilty on Jan. 7 for his operations of producing and selling anabolic steroids out of his Coe Court home.

When given the opportunity to address the court, Kreuz said, "There is so much I want to say. I let so many people down."

He spoke of family and friends including a large contingent in the courtroom showing their support.

Speaking of his children, Kreuz said, "I've been trying to explain to them I am not a bad person. They told me, 'You're not bad, you're our dad.'"

During the sentencing Kreuz had his head down and eyes closed much of the time. A couple of times he put his hand to his face and at one point wiped his eyes with a tissue.

During Friday's proceedings, there was extensive comments from the judge and Gwen Howe-Gebers, an assistant Wood County prosecutor, regarding the volume of cash, "high-end toys" and other equipment found in his home. Kruez earned a reported $30,000 last year. He reportedly tried to hide his actions by purchasing a large volume of gift cards from at various locations, and tried to conceal evidence by depositing trash in nearby Dumpsters.

Search warrants found money hidden in walls and ceilings, and a box of steroids ready for shipment stashed in a clothes dryer.

Kreuz was arrested July 7 after a search warrant at his Perrysburg home netted a large volume of anabolic steroids with a street value of more than $1 million.
Also seized were two vehicles which, along with the cash, were ordered forfeited. The forfeiture was ordered in both in a related civil case as well as this criminal proceeding.

Howe-Gebers requested "double digit" time. She asked for seven years mandatory on two of the charges and left the other two counts to the judge's discretion, recommending consecutive terms for all counts, which would have resulted in 18-22 years.

Prior to sentencing, the judge listed various factors he considered and cited his justification for his decision, telling Kreuz he had not been successfully rehabilitated from his previous offenses and "obviously not responded favorably to any of the court sanctions."

The judge added he had shown no genuine remorse, except for being caught and his own circumstances.

Mayberry ordered a six years mandatory sentence for both trafficking in drugs and aggravated possession of drugs. He also ordered four years in prison for the illegal manufacture of drugs. Those sentences were ordered to be served concurrently with each other.

Mayberry also ordered four years in prison for a second count of aggravated possession of drugs. That was ordered to be consecutive to the other terms for an aggregate sentence of 10 years.

In the judge's final remarks to Kreuz he advised, "You did all this for the money, all for things. Hopefully this time you will learn a lesson. Your children, these people (gesturing toward the family and friends) are much more valuable than new cars, appliances, things and toys."

While the sentences were being handed down, Cara Didian, Kreuz' fiance, was audibly sobbing at each count.

After the session, Didian said, "This is ridiculous. He got as much as a rapist."
Mayberry denied a request from defense attorney Adrian Cimerman for a delay, and ordered Kreuz to be taken into custody immediately.

Cimerman left without comment.

Howe-Gebers said "I'm glad he got double digits."
When asked if she was disappointed he didn't have to serve more time, she said, "You always hope there is a lesson (for the defendant)."

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
Thats too much time for that... As stated in the article, thats rapist time- or more! There are repeat hard drug offenders here near Chicago who dont get that kind of shit from our liberal fucking judges...

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
$1million in street value....That is alot of gear! Even if the coppers valued each vial $50, thats 20,000 vials, at $100 a vial 10,000 vials. Yet he had only one package in the house ready for shipping, seems like they caught him on a very slow day.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Hate it for the guy, that sucks. Judicial system here is all fucked up. 10 years is a long time. I know some people that just got 2 years for 2nd degree murder and they set a guy in a car on fire! Next time you need to make some cash kill some and take their money, that way you wont be in for the full ten years!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic