Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Krav Maga

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Who here has taken Krav? What did you think? I think i am going to start next month. gonna swing by Saturday with my son and check it out.

What i like about it is it is real world scenarios and not based on silly belts. I also like the fact that it is not self defense per se. It doesn't teach you to go out and find a fight, but if a fight comes to you, you are not on the defensive, you ATTACK and go on the offense! they start it and you finish it. That falls in line with my mentality, i don't start shit ever, but i like to be able to finish it.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
I studied a few yrs. back

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
my brother is a level 4. He teaches at several places. I personally think it is like COMBAT cardio...(except my brother could beat my ass)...haha...
I took ONE class....hell with that. I could barely breath from the non stop fighting and cardio you do...
i wrestled div 1 in college and for the first two years my brother was in Krav I could still stick his ass in the ground...his KRAV didnt do shit against me....BUT he has gotten good over the years and NOW i dont mess with him.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
It's very good for certain purposes and it's used but the Israel army if I am correct. It's mostly for close quarter combat and to disarm someone threatening you. The Spetsnaz combat system is superior IMO. Granted it's hardcore but it's power cannot be compared to anything else.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Spetznaz are the most brutal out of all of em from what i have been told and read, they just kill everyone civis included. krav is used by Israeli army yes.

Yes when i did it it was huge cardio session too. was something like 15 minutes of straight punching and kicking non stop to open the class. It is going to replace most of my cardio.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
One cool thing (there are many) about krav maga is that it teaches you to be constantly aware of anything and everything in your surrounding that can be used as a weapon.

R

ranzo

Mar 29, 2011
I currently train Krav Maga, and have been for over a year. I think you will find it very practical. It certainly gets to the point. Don't think you are going to take a couple of classes and know how to fight though. They focus highly on standing techiques in the beginning because that is the best place to defend yourself and how 99% of fights start out. Lots of attention on straight punches and groin kicks. AKA end the fight quickly and go home.

Every technique builds from another so when you learn one you will see it again as the basis of another technique therefore mastery of the basics is essential as in any form. They have shuffled many of the weapon defenses and ground fighting to higher levels so you will have to hang around to see them probably.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
One cool thing (there are many) about krav maga is that it teaches you to be constantly aware of anything and everything in your surrounding that can be used as a weapon.

HAHAHA, i already do that when i cant carry. spoon, pen, toothpick dispenser, i always pick something i can grab in an instant....i like small thin objects to aim for the eyes if i had to....

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I currently train Krav Maga, and have been for over a year. I think you will find it very practical. It certainly gets to the point. Don't think you are going to take a couple of classes and know how to fight though. They focus highly on standing techiques in the beginning because that is the best place to defend yourself and how 99% of fights start out. Lots of attention on straight punches and groin kicks. AKA end the fight quickly and go home.

Every technique builds from another so when you learn one you will see it again as the basis of another technique therefore mastery of the basics is essential as in any form. They have shuffled many of the weapon defenses and ground fighting to higher levels so you will have to hang around to see them probably.
Sounds good! all i know is when i trained with the guy i am going to do these classes with, he kicked me....i have never been hit by a car or had a tree fall on me, but i think that was pretty dam close. it was unreal.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I took two years of Krav maga.It's badass and dirty .It definetly gets the job done.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I will be starting soon, if you remember I was asking about this 3-4 weeks ago on here, I will be using it as my new business is a personal bodyguard business.

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
I've been to a couple seminars with Darren Levine and Bas Rutten. Needless to say I was sore the entire weekend. What I like about Krav is that there are no forms or B.S. bowing like traditional MA. It's just straight forward fighting and defensive techniques.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic