Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

knot in quad after injecting

T

THE-DET-OAK

Sep 11, 2010
yea t400 would prolly hurt........what happens is the oil dissipates and the ester is cleaved from the short esters leaving raw hormone ( alot of it) on your muscle. this will cause irritation. I bet if you drew 1ml of oil based b-12 with per 1ml of that t400 the pain and knot would be cut in half.

B

billydidit

Sep 11, 2010
cut it.

last time i got a bump i went and got antobiotics just in case of infection. No way I'm chancing it. In fact, I keep antibiotics on hand...also helps with acne. But in your case I'd say cut it with another oil (or B-12)

peace

-bj

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
You really should have applied ice to it as soon as you knoticed the swelling. Might just be the high BA content of the AAS you are using or it could be an infection setting in. At this point its likely the later and you may want to get an antibiotic. Keep us updated.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Well, I know its a bit late but....If I suspect I'm gonna have a painful injection site I have a couple rituals. Bout an hour after I pin( the hour is arbitrary, just time for a good clot to build) I start massaging the site, hard, with the heel of my palm. It's my thought that if you can get the compound disbursed over a larger area, when the esters cleave, there is not a concentrated depot in a small area and pain is less. I personally don't like using a cold compress b/c when dealing with an oil based compound, viscosity is inversely related to temperature. I don't want to be pushin a gooey ball of oil around inside my body. If I get a knot I use a heating pad. This will increase swelling initially, but perfusion(circulation within the tissue) will increase as well. The increase in perfusion helps disburse any toxins, while the heat lowers the viscosity of the oil and makes it easier to manipulate within the tissue. My 2c.......MAYO

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Occasionally if I rush a shot I'll get a big knot. I'll usually just rub the area to warm it up and get some blood in there, stretch it a bit, then foam roll it. If that doesn't loosen it up I'll crush it with a lacrosse ball. Hurts like hell but it works.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Wow POB where'd you dig up this thread from. A lacrosse ball dude? Ouch. When I get a knot it's usually not until the day after and nothing seems to fix it. Then again, I've never tried to crush it with a lacrosse ball.

pips

pips

MuscleHead
Jul 12, 2011
i dont use quads much just for this reason look around 90 % of threads u see lik this are quads.i can hammer 1cc of test e 500 and 2cc deca 250 in my trap no prob.soreness nextday but no lumps.put it in quad giant knot and im almost crippled.trap ventro glutes use these for high mg goodies.will try it in chest soon and report back but i bet it wont suck too bad.cold and hot and benedryl is only thing i can tell ya bro and suffer through.like dw said no pain no gain

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Wow POB where'd you dig up this thread from. A lacrosse ball dude? Ouch. When I get a knot it's usually not until the day after and nothing seems to fix it. Then again, I've never tried to crush it with a lacrosse ball.

It works great I swear. Start with a tennis ball. Lay on the floor and put it under your back. Don't put it directly under your spine, but start just inside of the shoulder blades. Move around until it hits a tender spot or knot. When you're on it, just stay there for a little bit. Keep breathing normal while slowly shifting more weight onto it. I do this nightly and I swear my back gets wider after. It will also relieve a lot of neck tightness, elbow pain, hip discomfort or tilt. After a while the tennis ball won't be enough. Bump up to the lacrosse ball.

iron-whisperer

iron-whisperer

Jan 3, 2013
It works great I swear. Start with a tennis ball. Lay on the floor and put it under your back. Don't put it directly under your spine, but start just inside of the shoulder blades. Move around until it hits a tender spot or knot. When you're on it, just stay there for a little bit. Keep breathing normal while slowly shifting more weight onto it. I do this nightly and I swear my back gets wider after. It will also relieve a lot of neck tightness, elbow pain, hip discomfort or tilt. After a while the tennis ball won't be enough. Bump up to the lacrosse ball.
got an aggrevating knot in my glute from pin sunday..sore as ****,. about to try this shit... better work or im looking you up LOL

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
got an aggrevating knot in my glute from pin sunday..sore as ****,. about to try this shit... better work or im looking you up LOL

lol... you can use a foam roller, water bottle, get it massaged out... almost anything, just start slowly and work it out

iron-whisperer

iron-whisperer

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks Jdub.. heat definitley helped and deep tissue message..

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Thanks Jdub.. heat definitley helped and deep tissue message..

No worries also if you pin super slow it helps as well. If I have thick gear or something thats knotting me up I lie on the couch and watch TV while my wife pushes the plunger she's pretty patient and can take 5 minutes to pin 2-3cc you have to be comfortable sitting there for that long but it makes a huge difference. I also do the same thing if I'm pinning my quads.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic