Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Knee injury

L

LegDayTho

Apr 5, 2018
About 10 months ago i was walking down a fight of steps and something in my knee randomly tore. I went to the dr, had MRI etc but after a LOT of different opinions there was no diagnosis, even though i couldn't walk.

My internet research, and body, leads me to believe i tore my VMO where it connects to the knee, and also my patella tendon.

--loose job, insurance

Right Now, what I'm doing, seems to be working and i am getting better but I'm going to run out of money soon.

My routine varries because I'm constantly ramping it up to match my ability. Right Now i have pretty debilitating doms because i was able to do my first forward lunge yesterday. so i went ahead and did as many as i felt was safe.

But here is a mix of what i do,

Warm up;
Light/moderate stretching
March in place
Calf raises (2 feet)
Step ups onto basuu ball
1/4 turns (opening hip) onto basuu ball
Wall sits
Agility ladder
"Around the world" resistance band
Walk on treadmill
Revolving staircase (going up)
Straight leg raises
Quad extension

Actual workouts;
Walk/run on treadmill (6-7mph)
Run up revolving staircase
Squats (body weight)
Leg press (weight varries)
Ski machine (this seems to injur me)
Hip abductor/machine
Weighted calf raises (60lb 2 footed)
Quad extension machine

Basically every leg machine and leg Excercize i can possibly think of.

Here are My questions;

It seems i spend 2-3 days laying around with doms, mostly unable to walk, then 1-2 days "ok", i can walk/function. then i hit them hard again in the gym and after i heal, usually feel some sort of improvement. Does it sound like I'm training too hard? It's usually severe doms in the injury area, with minor doms in the rest of My leg

I've been gaining weight but losing fat. i can see my abs and i look good. If im loosing weight, does this mean I'm not gaining the most muscle possible out of my workouts? I mean, if i gorge myself, will i grow more?

Is there anything i can get suppliment wise that will make a difference?

Any help appreciated,
Thanks.

jackedpuckstar

jackedpuckstar

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
Your knee isn’t going to heal if you’re reinjuring it every time you lift legs...

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
yes take a break ---use right stuff and heal before you keep beating on it

L

LegDayTho

Apr 5, 2018
I was in physical therapy and i just continued on with the progression.

I'm not working it to re-injury (although it does happen from time to time)

The reason i need to take time off from working it out isn't because its reinjured, its just critically weak, and when the microtears set it, I'm scared to reinjur it by something basic like walking, and it gets extremely painful the day after.

During my workout, it usually feels really good, smooth gliding. I don't work it on days it doesn't feel right after my warm up.

Initially i tried bed rest, and letting it do it's own thing but it wasn't healing. I sat on my butt for weeks and it would just snap 1st step, and boom complete reinjury.

Do you guys still have the same opinion? (Stop)

Edit- what is "right stuff" ?

jackedpuckstar

jackedpuckstar

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2011
I’m by no means an expert on knee injuries but if the underlying problem isn’t addressed then you’re going to keep ending up in the same place.

A

ayden_b15

Sep 18, 2020
This knee problem has to suck. I messed my knee up a little bit ago while weight lifting. now the doctor says nothing is wrong or out of place, but obviously I feel pain for a reason. I hope we get to feeling better

C

carolinasown

Sep 6, 2011
I am going through quad tendon rehab as we speak. Strengthen the hips, and back side hams, glutes and calves. That will definitely help with the knee.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
About 10 months ago i was walking down a fight of steps and something in my knee randomly tore. I went to the dr, had MRI etc but after a LOT of different opinions there was no diagnosis, even though i couldn't walk.

Honestly, I would go back and see that Dr. and ask why it is you can't walk. Something is wrong and with the cost of an MRI I would insist on something besides "no diagnosis." Might get a copy of the MRI and try another doctor, maybe an orthopedists, one that specializes in knees.

T

TomRiddle

Feb 13, 2020
I am going through quad tendon rehab as we speak. Strengthen the hips, and back side hams, glutes and calves. That will definitely help with the knee.
Is this thing recoverable permanently or it's a life time thing?

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
One thing you could try is curcumin. Ive been taking it for over a month now and my joints feel so much better. My workouts are getting back to the point where I actually feel like I worked out without the agony of all the joint and muscle pain. Also, make sure you ice the area after you train and use heat cream prior to working out, before you go to bed, and when you get up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic