Kiddorism
What's New?

Kidney function Questions

R

Raz

TID Lady Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi

I have come off a cycle of masteron , anavar and clen which i run for about 10 weeks , prior to this i was test p I was in a prep for competition but caught covid a week before the show so had to sit that one out
I have had my bloods run this week - my gear cycle came to end on the 22 JAN
My renal function is attached and my cholesterol is 6.3 everything else is normal
can anyone shed some light - will the renal function improve over time ?has anyone has experienced the same things? My doc says not to panic and to retest and stay off gear for 3 months
But im just checking to see if anyone has had the same experiences and can assist with how to improve the high level readings
thanks

Attachments

• raz.JPG
    raz.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 166
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Not a woman and not a doctor, but 3 things on your report leapt out at me if only because we have discussed them at some length fairly recently on TID ... probably in a gender non-specific forum.

The one that is not noted as High is the eGFR. Your 58 is lower than I'd like mine to be, BUT ... it is not an absolute number, like your glucose or hematocrit would be. The "e" stands for "estimated," and it is a composite number created by other things in your blood work. It's a look at what your kidneys are doing that day and not necessarily an indicator of kidney damage; it can be transitory rather than permanent. A far better test would be a Cystatin-C test that is not always included in the blood work a doctor orders and may even be unknown to some doctors.

Your creatinine and your urea are High because of what you've been doing. You are not just a recreational bodybuilder but a competing bodybuilder who recently came off an aborted prep routine. Your training is more intense and your protein intake may be higher than casual bodybuilders, let alone the average citizens whose numbers comprise the High-normal-Low range markers defined on lab reports. Training at various intensities dumps muscle damage byproducts into the blood stream at various levels, as does anything you eat.

We regularly see discussions here that seem to indicate someone's doctor is not state of the art. What your doctor told you about re-testing is a hint that yours may know all this already and that you are in good hands.

To your question about improving your numbers ... it's easy. Drop bodybuilding, take up the violin, eat less protein, do light cardio, live to be 100+ and spend your years contemplating quality of life vs. quantity of life issues.

Also, follow @Wilson6 on this board ... he seems to know stuff. ;)

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Watching this. I have very similar numbers, but have for years. This year is the first year my doc said anything about it, though, but just said "We'll monitor that." I'd like to know if it can improve and how. And I'm not taking up the violin.

From the net:
creatitine.JPG

Last edited:
R

Raz

TID Lady Member
Jul 30, 2017
Not a woman and not a doctor, but 3 things on your report leapt out at me if only because we have discussed them at some length fairly recently on TID ... probably in a gender non-specific forum.

The one that is not noted as High is the eGFR. Your 58 is lower than I'd like mine to be, BUT ... it is not an absolute number, like your glucose or hematocrit would be. The "e" stands for "estimated," and it is a composite number created by other things in your blood work. It's a look at what your kidneys are doing that day and not necessarily an indicator of kidney damage; it can be transitory rather than permanent. A far better test would be a Cystatin-C test that is not always included in the blood work a doctor orders and may even be unknown to some doctors.

Your creatinine and your urea are High because of what you've been doing. You are not just a recreational bodybuilder but a competing bodybuilder who recently came off an aborted prep routine. Your training is more intense and your protein intake may be higher than casual bodybuilders, let alone the average citizens whose numbers comprise the High-normal-Low range markers defined on lab reports. Training at various intensities dumps muscle damage byproducts into the blood stream at various levels, as does anything you eat.

We regularly see discussions here that seem to indicate someone's doctor is not state of the art. What your doctor told you about re-testing is a hint that yours may know all this already and that you are in good hands.

To your question about improving your numbers ... it's easy. Drop bodybuilding, take up the violin, eat less protein, do light cardio, live to be 100+ and spend your years contemplating quality of life vs. quantity of life issues.

Also, follow @Wilson6 on this board ... he seems to know stuff. ;)
My doc mentioned the same thing that high intensity weighlifting causes creatinine levels to rise, back in 2018 my kidney function was 60 and rose to 84 within 2 monthz so im counting on it improving while off gear ....not a fan of the violin at allthanks for the feedback

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
My kidney numbers from January.
Kidney.JPG

Reactions: Raz
R

Raz

TID Lady Member
Jul 30, 2017
Are you on gear at the moment
Or were you on anything

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Test Cyp at slightly higher than TRT level for the last 6 months or so.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Hi

I have come off a cycle of masteron , anavar and clen which i run for about 10 weeks , prior to this i was test p I was in a prep for competition but caught covid a week before the show so had to sit that one out
I have had my bloods run this week - my gear cycle came to end on the 22 JAN
My renal function is attached and my cholesterol is 6.3 everything else is normal
can anyone shed some light - will the renal function improve over time ?has anyone has experienced the same things? My doc says not to panic and to retest and stay off gear for 3 months
But im just checking to see if anyone has had the same experiences and can assist with how to improve the high level readings
thanks
How much protein are you consuming daily? Are you well hydrated and keeping an eye on BP? It may or may not have to do with gear, more likely dietary intake and training. Best time/way to check labs is take your protein intake down for a few days, no lifting for a week or eccentric exercise, be well hydrated. Then retest. Those values are not that high, but keep an eye on the trend. Exercise/muscle damage can raise ALT and AST, high protein intake BUN, creatinine. Watch the clen and BP. Much has been said recently about enlarged hearts and AAS, yes they contribute in higher doses, IMO keep BP < 120/80, I believe use of stimulants and not controlling BP enhances the negative affects on renal and cardiac function. Just my non-medical opinion. What was the dosing of MAST and VAR, how long on clen and have you been watching BP?

R

Raz

TID Lady Member
Jul 30, 2017
I have run clen for 12 weeks but my bp is consistent, i suffer with low and have never had issues with high bp.
Even when on clen it was raised but not above normal.i ran mast at 0.2mg 3 tyms a week for 6 weeks nd test at 0.3 twice a week for 8 weeks prior to that
Var was at 20mg ed for 12 weeks.
My diet is 7 meals daily and is strictly balanced and weighed out and cinsists of chicken lean beef eggs sweet pot0toes.supps consist of whey iso twice before and after training preworkout and bcaas..i train 6 days a week

R

Raz

TID Lady Member
Jul 30, 2017
How much protein are you consuming daily? Are you well hydrated and keeping an eye on BP? It may or may not have to do with gear, more likely dietary intake and training. Best time/way to check labs is take your protein intake down for a few days, no lifting for a week or eccentric exercise, be well hydrated. Then retest. Those values are not that high, but keep an eye on the trend. Exercise/muscle damage can raise ALT and AST, high protein intake BUN, creatinine. Watch the clen and BP. Much has been said recently about enlarged hearts and AAS, yes they contribute in higher doses, IMO keep BP < 120/80, I believe use of stimulants and not controlling BP enhances the negative affects on renal and cardiac function. Just my non-medical opinion. What was the dosing of MAST and VAR, how long on clen and have you been watching BP?
I actually trained two sessions the day before i tested and i was not well hydrated at all.so that makes sense

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I’ve had same concern before. Cleaned out for about 3 months, hydrated very well before bloods and 3/4 days off gym before bloods as well and my creatinine went back into range at high end. More muscle you have the more Creatinine in your blood if you ask me.. no doc or anything tho

R

Raz

TID Lady Member
Jul 30, 2017
I’ve had same concern before. Cleaned out for about 3 months, hydrated very well before bloods and 3/4 days off gym before bloods as well and my creatinine went back into range at high end. More muscle you have the more Creatinine in your blood if you ask me.. no doc

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic