Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

kidney area

M

Mrs.Determined

TID Lady Member
May 14, 2014
How do I get fat off my kidney area? This is my second show and my kidney area fat just wont go down. Any advice?

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Diet? Hill sprints?

This is a huge question; when I was competing in figure, as long as I stuck to my diet and started doing sprints or distance running, the fat just falls off. What does your cardio and diet look like?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
What do you mean kidney area? Love handles... lower back?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Lower back tends to be a stubborn area. Age can contribute - I know a guy who has been competing continuously since the 80s and easily maintains 5% bodyfat off season and cuts down to 3.2% for shows - but has started having issues getting the areas around his kids tight. It's one of those areas that can just be where your body likes to hold fat.

For competition - depends on how much time you have before your show & what you can do. Usually the best thing to do is not panic and continue being meticulous w/ your diet & training and pay attention to keeping your stress and quality of recovery / sleep in check to minimize cortisol.

For fat cutting - what can you do to optimize what you are doing? Are you stalling in your diet and need a refeed? Are you carbing too much / not enough? Good quality fats? Enough total cals? As mentioned above - sprints - can you change up your cardio or your training w/ more HIIT-type sessions?

If you have not cut enough for your show, then it is hard if you're just simply not lean enough. If you're lean enough that you can rely on water manipulation here are some of the traditional tricks:

- topical fat burners
- cardio done in a sauna suit. I've done this starting at like 3 weeks out but be sure to stop by the last week to allow enough time for the water to settle so you don't look squishy. (same idea as why you stop cardio and training by Wed before a show, and keep your legs raised on show day.)
- add some natural diuretics to your diet - asparagus & fish is a classic water dumper

And randomly, lots of people swear by the SQUEEM.

M

Mrs.Determined

TID Lady Member
May 14, 2014
My coach is the one who does my diet training and cardio. She has me on 25g of fibrous carbs a day. Other than what little bit is in my peanut butter I cant have carbs right now. She pulled me off var and kept in the adex. And im on clen 80mcg in the morning 20mcg at night. I do cardio on a daily basis. Fasted (when I can make myself get up) and at night. She wont allow me to do sprints bc she says that building up my legs to much

Diet? Hill sprints?

This is a huge question; when I was competing in figure, as long as I stuck to my diet and started doing sprints or distance running, the fat just falls off. What does your cardio and diet look like?

M

Mrs.Determined

TID Lady Member
May 14, 2014
My kidney area has always been a problem even before I lifted. Iv just always had a bigger lower half. It just got worse after having a child. And my age shouldn't affect me yet but maybe having to much estrogen is? Iv been having female problems so I need to get my blood work done. But I believe I have to much estrogen by how much water im holding. Coach says the same?

What other fat burners can I take to help pull this off? Also any types on cardio recommendations?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic