FranchizeBBer

FranchizeBBer

Sep 10, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I will make the claim he finishes top 5....The young guys should be concerned....

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
He is 51 and his back and shoulders lack a lot of the thickness he used to carry. It will be interesting to see if he does this for a few years or one and done.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010

I hate to actually find myself agreeing with Shawn Ray but I do on this. I don't think Kevin has anything to prove and may end up getting hurt. Also what's it going to do to him mentally when he does not even break top 10? Not saying he won't but considering the level of competition these days it's not looking good. He is one of my all time fav bodybuilders but I don't really think this is a good move.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I agree guns it's just a different time, competitors are much bigger today.

htu

htu

Jan 15, 2012
He was amazing in his day, but at his age he will have difficulty with his leg and arm size. I think it's just a way to push his supplement line.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
At 51 it would be a chore to get close to the condition to the guys in their 30's especially since he hasn't trained seriously in a long while.. Not from a lack of will but just due to the fact the body response less than at a younger age. So no, I don't think he has a shot at winning the O, and I'm sure he understands that as well.

At first I thought it was a crazy idea for Levrone to compete again but what the hell...

When people say you cant do something...fuck that... do it anyway. if guys like him Wheeler, Chris Cormier, even Cutler and Dorian to try to got back into it...they would attract serious bank to see a masters Mr. O with all the older guys still up there doing battle.

So, maybe that's the motivation...give the Master's O contest an infusion of life with all the old greats back in shape...
I say go for it KEV...give it your all and fuck the haters.

Last edited:
liftmonster

liftmonster

Nov 15, 2012
I was pretty excited when he announced he was coming back, and the prospect of Jay Cutler coming back too would be an epic battle between the two. I am interested in seeing what shape he can get his body in after all this time and what he has already out it through. Then I saw an article the other day where he reported he is eating cheesecake and that he can eat bad and still get in tip top shape. The last time I heard that it was Arnold telling Frank Zane he could eat whatever he wanted and Zane went on to hand him one of his losses. Anyone hear about any other older guys talking about competing? Or eating cheesecake?

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I've followed Kevin's career since the early 90's. Kevin's genetics are incredible... he's one of the lucky people who can damn near look at a weight and grow. Also, from a personality stand point he's a little different than most BBer's and has always done things his own way. I'd say go for it...

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
Levrone simply doesn't carry the size he used to. He's going to get killed, Levrone on the Olympia stage.

Levrone.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic