Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Keto Meals, Tips and Tricks

mscldrew

mscldrew

Sep 11, 2010
I'm creating this thread to help make keto diets easier for people. Some people crave certain foods that may lead them to break their diet, some get tired of eating the same meals day in and day out and others have large appetites and do not seem to get full on the keto diet (I have a huge appetite I am one of these people)*

Keto Friendly Foods (Here is a list of great foods and things that you can add to foods)

Many of these items can be found on netrition.com

Waldenfarms condiments (They make all sorts of calorie free condiments such as chocolate dip, chocolate syrup, marshmellow dip, pancake syrup, salad dressings, and all different types of sauces that you may not usually be able to have while on keto)

PB2 is great to add into any shakes or to make cookies and cakes with. It's peanuts that have the fat pressed out so you can still enjoy pb without the extra calories

Shirataki noodles (They are noodles that are made from the roots of sweet potatoes. There are no calories in these noodles because it is all fiber. They are great for making stir fry and they fill you up without adding calories. If your struggling with staying full and you are having trouble controlling your appetite then the shiritaki noodles is great for you. You can throw them, some chicken, some olive oil, low sodium soy sauce and some spices in a frying pan and you have stir fry.

Jello is great Candy and various types of sweets can be made from jello. You can find recipes on lowcarbfriends.com I make gummi bears, licorice, peppermint patties and other candy on there with little to no calories at all

You don't*have to give up your favorite foods you just have to be creative. For example if you love chicken fingers but don't eat them because they are fried and have breading then make your own. Crush up pork rinds in a bag for the breading(no carbs), 1 tablespoon low fat parm cheese(it helps the breading stick) dip the chicken in egg whites, shake them in the breading bag and bake them. They taste just like regular chicken fingers.
Or
If you miss pancakes mix 2 scoops of whatever kind of protein that you like, water and maybe some pb2 if you desire in a blender (don't add too much water you want it to be like pancake mix), spray a lil I can't believe it's not butter in the pan, pour in batter and you have pancakes. Add in some waldenfarms pancake syrup and it is great.

Some tricks to staying full on the keto diet is picking the dense foods that are going to keep you full. Also when you have your protein shake don't make it with just water in a shaker cup. Put protein, water, ice, and maybe some waldenfarms calorie free condiments in a blender. You will end up having a 25 ounce milkshake like protein shake that tastes just as good if not better then a milkshake compared to having a 12 ounce protein shake that doesn't taste as good and doesn't quite fill you up.

Use spices for your foods. They add a ton of flavor without adding a ton of calories.

A lot of this information and other things related to it is spread around the forums. I'm just taking it and adding it in one place with some tips and tricks of my own. If anyone else has any tips for the keto diet or any meals that make it easier feel free to chime in.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Good info, thanks.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Excellent stuff there mscldrew!

DanButcher

DanButcher

Sep 9, 2010
Great info I need a few tips this keto diet is kicking my ass.

MagnumTony

MagnumTony

Sep 1, 2012
Good info, thanks ! Though not on a total keto diet, I do throw a VLV/Keto day into the rotation once or twice a week.

upstatetank

upstatetank

Dec 7, 2012
gonna borrow some of this, good stuff!

yo ho ho its a keto life for me!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic