Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Keto Help

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Hey believe it or not, some saturated fat actually has nutrients that are vital to us bb'ers. Everything in moderation LOL

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Believe me, when you're eating 300+ grams of fat every day you take some of your fat however you can get it.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Hey believe it or not, some saturated fat actually has nutrients that are vital to us bb'ers. Everything in moderation LOL

Sat fat is involved in hormone production and other metabolic processes, I agree it is needed just not in the same ratios as mono/poly. Most ppl don't understand their are different saturated faty acids which have different effects on the body and are used for different things. The debate over medium chain saturated fatty acids like Lauric Acid is interesting (I side with those whom believe it has more positive effect than negative), Stearic Acid is another example, a large fraction of it is converted to Oleic Acid a monostaturated fat. All and all I'm agreeing with you. It's never simply cut and dry but fats have their uses.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
MAYO some of my dirty tricks were heavy cream in my post workout shake, whole eggs, big ass salads with full fat caesar dressing and I would add extra olive oil to the dressing. 85% ground beef Pan fried is easy to prep in bulk as well as sausages that I would braize in tomatoes. Tuna from a can can be mixed with of all things mayo. There is a mayo made with olive oil too. Watch out for peanut butter cause it's too calorie dense and has a bunch of carbs.

Ratios look weird at 70% range. Never seen it that high. I usually see 55 to 65 but who knows? If you feel kinda cloudy at times my best advice is suck it up and it will pass.

Good luck bro, I really enjoyed doing this, had success and can't wait to get back on it! I am sure you'll drop fat quick.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
The body does treat fat very differently on a ketogenic diet than on a non ketogenic diet. My doctors didn't believe me when I said that a good portion of my nutrient intake comes from bacon, pork and red meats.

R

rogue123

Nov 19, 2011
I have tried the keto two times...always got sick of the amount of fat...imo...high prot, low carb, low fats (source of good ones, fish oil etc) 5 days on 6th day carb up...7th day detox.. worked more than good for me..and your stomach doesnt suffer at all.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Some swear by it, I personally hate it, prefer to use a diet approach where I cycle my macros, particularly carbs from low to high then repeat. I never go below 80 carbs for the day and I'm able to remain 5-8% bf year round. I find I can keep my size easier and never feel starved . Especially the one day I have to eat high amount of carbs in order to keep my metabolism stoked. Leto isn't for all and I think it's forced more than enjoyed by most

M

markluv11

Apr 10, 2012
This diet works but it's very unhealthy and I don't recommend it.

M

markluv11

Apr 10, 2012
Just stick to the basics. Fasted morning cardio and keep the carbs down. The keto diet plays with your insulin levels to much and the last thing you want to introduce is diabetes.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Just stick to the basics. Fasted morning cardio and keep the carbs down. The keto diet plays with your insulin levels to much and the last thing you want to introduce is diabetes.

WTF are you talking about keto actually helps control insulin levels and the majority of keto diet clinical trials have been based around the treatment of type 2 diabetes. A low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet to treat type 2 diabetes (a good example but far from the only one). Beyond that fed cardio has the same fat oxidization rate as fasted yet shows improved performance in trained individuals.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic