RalfKelleh
What's New?

Keto Help

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I have been trying to fine tune my keto diet using this model:
http://www.theironden.com/general-w...t-loss.html?highlight=cyclical+ketogenic+diet

I am 205 10% currently yielding these macro needs according to model:
2575 total cal (500 cal under maintenance)
180g Protein
206g fat

My totals that I come up with when entering my foods are:
2592 cal
179g protein
164g fat
61g carbs, 7g sugar

Foods each day include:
2 x cheese stcicks (6g fat, 6g pro, 1g carbs, 80 cal/ each)
2 x 1 1/4 cup egg whites (32g pro, 140 cal/ each)
2 x 1/2 cup heavy cream (12g fat, 100 cal/ each)
1 x 1/2 cup Avocado (17g fat, 2.5g pro, 10g carbs(1 sugar), 184 cal)
1 x 8oz Ground Beef (24g fat, 48g pro, 392 cal)
1 x 8oz Chicken Breast (1g fat, 48g pro, 248 cal)
2 x 1oz dry roasted peanuts (14g fat, 7g pro, 12g carbs(2 sugar), 164 cal/ each)
*1 x 1 can chili (56g fat, 38g pro, 38g carbs(4 sugar), 800 cal/ each)

*This meal is subject to change...burning thru what I have on hand right now.
** I do light cardio in the am and train 4x week.

Any tweeks on my macros or input in general. This is my first shot a a structured Keto regimen.

Much Thanks,
MAYO

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
If it were me, i would drop the cheese and cream and try to get some nuts and oils in there on top of whole eggs. run thru the chili then drop it. Add some green fibrous veggie. i had a 5 cup salad with 1tbsp apple cider vinegar and a tbsp of olive oil while on keto.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I use psyllium daily for fiber right now...forgot to mentioned that and 5 Humapro post workout.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
You absolutely need more fiber in there, the added benefit is that you get a more complete micro profile with more veg/greens and it will help correct the acid/base balance. Spinach is your friend. The real question is are u staying in ketosis on this plan? Most ppl need less than 30g of carbs (not including fibrous) in my experience to hit ketosis. For now I would put that can of chili near your training and treat it like TKD. Truth be told I prefer TKD anyhow. The good thing is most of the avocado carbs are fibrous, the peanuts seem a bit high: Calories in Planters - Peanuts Dry Roasted | Nutrition Facts and Information Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Peanuts, all types, dry-roasted, without salt your probably 10-15g carbs lower than you think net carb wise total.

You are on the right track for sure.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Thanks nut...the chili is 1.5 hours pre workout. I will stock up on some spinach.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
one of my favorite meals is eggs and spinach cooked in coconut oil. cook my eggs runny and dip the sauteed spinach in the yolk. have spinach every day. Great shit!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Why is your CKD model 72% fat? CKD is normally 65% but I usually run 60%.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
baby spinach olive oil and garlic cloves, cook till the spinach starts to wilt add a lil ground black pepper, u can eat a ton that way.

II I'm not a big fan of using %s I feel basing macros on LBM and metabolism results in better accuracy. Just my approach.

Last edited:
ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
one of my favorite meals is eggs and spinach cooked in coconut oil. cook my eggs runny and dip the sauteed spinach in the yolk. have spinach every day. Great shit!

Yummy- me too Bro- WHole egg power (%)

God bless you guys- too much info for me- Of course I dont have any interest in competeing agian , toherwise I would keep a diary or something. Im no fan of ketosis, while I believe it works- Ive always maintained my muscles and lost BF, with no thought of it ever. I just vary my macros , my training and tighten my diet. Never carbs below 80 mg for more than one or two days at time, but thats another thread. I am interested inhearing more of this- NUT like your idea, would you mind elaborating of if you would start your own thread

Last edited:
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Using calcs from above referrenced thread in OP
Ok. Just saying you dint need 72%. What helps me when on CKD is bacon ranch dressing. I put it on all meats. It is all fat.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I use psyllium daily for fiber right now...forgot to mentioned that and 5 Humapro post workout.
I tried the psyllium caps too. didnt work very well. replacing it with MORE green veggies worked way better.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic