Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Keeping Your ACL, MCL And Knees Healthy

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Turbo, ain't a damn thing wrong with leg extensions. It's a good tool if used correctly. The trick is not to go too heavy, that's where you are prone to knee injury. Great way to preexhaust quads, also a good way to isolate and really sculpt and help with definition. There's a reason why BBers do them religiously. Now, with that said, if you are trying to build strength and get stronger and go for big numbers like a PLer, then yeah, leg extensions would be useless. So decide, What Are You Going for, What Is your goal?

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I wouldn't worry about the 4 ligaments in the knee (ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL) unless you're getting hit/tackled on a regular basis. Most common injury is the ACL, MCL, and lateral maniscus from a lateral blow to the knee (terrible triad).

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I wouldn't worry about the 4 ligaments in the knee (ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL) unless you're getting hit/tackled on a regular basis. Most common injury is the ACL, MCL, and lateral maniscus from a lateral blow to the knee (terrible triad).

Thanks dude.

I also do martial arts, so there is some hitting and falling, and changing direction, etc.

I wanted to foam roll my IT bands Thursday, but I forgot. Hopefully I can remember for my squat session.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
First time I used the rumble roller on the IT bands I thought it was some new Chinese torture technique. After 2wks most of the knots had gotten worked out and feel much better now.

I foam rolled my IT bands today, and OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic