pbtom
What's New?

Justin Rys, former Mr New Zealand

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Stumbled upon this video.

I don't know anything about him aside from this video....but I figured worth sharing.

Be safe out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hardpr

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2012
i saw that on tv a while ago. i feel for the man.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I didn't know anything about him either, saw same vid somewhere and did some googling. The vid mentions that it wasn't just aas, but also other things ppl here might take, oxy-pro elite, otc fat burners, pre-workouts, etc.

BUT, he was also heavy into drugs called Fantasy and GBL. I am not into the scene enough to recognize those names, don't know if they resonate here in the States or if that is more New Zealand slang, but they are more in the "party drug" family, and neither aas nor GH. His main legal problems were from the sale of Fantasy, which he also used. There is no telling what all caused his pathetic state in the vid, but it looks like NZ media over-focuses on aas in much the same way US media does.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yup. Kind of reminded me of Chris Beniot, the wrestler. He used AAS but many other things like nubain, anti depressants, etc, etc... He ended up killing his kids and wife in the city where I live and the media said it was only due to the AAS use. What they didn't mention was the fact he has a page long list of shit he was taking and combined I'm sure that would make anyone crazy.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
BUT, he was also heavy into drugs called Fantasy and GBL. I am not into the scene enough to recognize those names, don't know if they resonate here in the States or if that is more New Zealand slang, but they are more in the "party drug" family, and neither aas nor GH.

GBL and Fantasy is different names for the same thing - GHB as we know it here and I think in the U.S too . New Zealand also has a rampant " P " problem which is Meth to you and so it's quite likely that' s a factor also .

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Yup. Kind of reminded me of Chris Beniot, the wrestler. He used AAS but many other things like nubain, anti depressants, etc, etc... He ended up killing his kids and wife in the city where I live and the media said it was only due to the AAS use. What they didn't mention was the fact he has a page long list of shit he was taking and combined I'm sure that would make anyone crazy.

His dad donated his brain to science and it was full of "holes" like a swiss cheese.
They said the repeated hits to his head had screwed up his brain.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/chris-benoits-dad-son-suffered-severe-brain-damage/story?id=11471875

Its sad how hard they are pushing the AAS angle and totally ignoring more likely factors.
Having worked in a mental institution with violent criminals I have seen many times how devastating drugs like "speed" can be.
They get on and dont sleep for days then they go "crazy", now add some mental issues and you see a totally different animal from the sober one.

M

Mijeyzway

Jul 12, 2013
It's the world we live in..... Where steroids are evil yet the legal drugs they push day in and day out are much more evil. 9 out of the 10 shooters in mass shooting since 91 were taking some form of ADD or anti depressant medication. Where is the news special on that ????

winnivee

winnivee

MuscleHead
Dec 20, 2010
Justin Rys was big into other drugs and partying.. The guy was caught and sentenced to jail for importing drugs. It is sad to see but when your body is telling you No then you might not want to push it to much. I would imagine he had some problems before this and he just kept on at it!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Met him a few times, surprisingly nice guy.

RIP Justin.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic