Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Just when you thought it was safe ...

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I feel for you. I'm in my 60's and still doing it. I'm curious about what your doctor has to say about squatting after hip replacement surgery. I'm under the impression that those joints have a wear out life even if one doesn't do heavy lifting. i would think heavy weights would just cause them to wear out and the need for replacement that much quicker.

No docs will ever say anything but after successfully enduring spine surgery in 1995 now hip and I’m squatting . You can do anything you want to . Just be smart be patient. In the world of bodybuilding there’s ton of people got back . In martial arts guys still returning to former. You just got to make sure the procedure is set properly then carefully and CONSISTENTLY train methodically . 20-30 years after my spine I still modify my post rehab as part of my workout . If I don’t I feel it . Everyone here been bodybuilding long time or if your novice just you need to connect with yourself . Why sometimes I don’t agree with asking too many people certain questions when only you can answer most questions. While yes we all built like human beings we all have slightly different genetics , different lifestyles, we are inspired and motivated by totally different means . Never take what others say as law . You decide . We use our brains to build . It’s the mind that determine how far you can take yourself. You are your greatest teacher . No such thing as a mistake , they are series of lessons . Learn from yourself

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Welcome back.

How did you come up with Ketsugo?

Is it intentionally Japanese?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Also “ heavy “ is a relative term . Heavy to some is ridiculously light to others . I just don’t make a habit of doing max lifts etc . For years most studies had nothing to do with bodybuilding yet decades later science seems to verify much of what bodybuilding has preached . The benefits of resistance training , the value of proteins etc . Also in the 2000s they researched in Germany , Japan and US Arizona State University it’s out there sorry I’m not going to look as I already seen . But while heavy weight training does increase size of muscle fibers they also found that one can build by increasing the number of fibers through hyperplasia ( fiber splitting ) . Many of the methods most of us if not all of us old school guys have performed these very methods that been labeled or called different names . But the common trait is hyperplasia results from the duration of stress . How long each repetition or set lasts can be as important as loading the bar . Arnold called a method of going down the dumbbell rack just repping out without rest “ strip sets “ or we got rest pause training . Pre- exhaust supersets training same muscles . Thus when done correctly you can build size without ultra heavy . Personally I believe in variety . The body believes in “ homeostasis “ which will always try to revert to form . Therefore if you do the same reps routine and exercises for years you won’t see much . You need to varie things or have 2-3 routines you switch around after month or so . Problem is people get obsessed with the poundage or a movement or even a particular compound and month after month year after year nothing changes but they continue to believe . Always change things up . If some thing works then use it for like 4-6 weeks then change it later come back to it . All my injuries are not from 40 years of weights . From combat or martial arts . But my surgery has helped me regain my motivation. My hips were excruciating for 10 years now pain gone . Nada ! After one year since procedure I’m finally back to where I was . The hardest part was holding back . But Everyone of your here were have mental capacities that most lay people can only dream of . It takes kick as discipline and drive to train hard . Strong mind = strong body . A warrior is not one that can slay others but one that looks within and trudges on despite of his own shortcomings and inadequate ideas . Never let yourself go . Like Nike says - just do it !

I didn’t use any compounds to recover either when I do use them I consider extra nutrients I need as when I have recovered from many surgeries ( spine , neck , humerus now hip ) the mega nutrients and my diet brought me back now I’m ready to go beyond . Bodybuilding is to enhance health not take away . Like everything in this society it’s when people go to excess they ruin it for others .

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Welcome back.

How did you come up with Ketsugo?

Is it intentionally Japanese?

I’m 54 studying martial arts since age 5 my first shodan that I was actually proud of was in “ Ketsugo jujutsu “ so ive always used that despite 20 years later I’m more into classical bugei then modern era systems . Ya know the MMA think they invented the studying of multiple ideas , Bruce Lee JKD also was not the first , neither was Ketsugo which I believe sort of means “ mixed “ or “ chop suey “ as it began as the hand to hand method of navy frogmen synthesized from judo, karate , Savate, aikido , boxing and contijued to evolve with Indonesian and Filipino systems . Not that anyone is interested but the study of various fighting systems is 1000s years practice for war . All the clans all the tribes had to prepare for battle . Only the inception of judo and karate early 20th century did teachers forbid the student to study at another dojo because by that time martial arts began to become a commercialized commodity and if they taught full time they invented ways to keep students . Especially once us Americans got hold . Long story . Sorry I for long answer . No one ever accused me of short posts lol

Reactions: Jin
Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Ketsugō means combination or union.

Also: I hereby accuse you of short posts.

;)

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
54 is young good to see you back just turned 60

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Yeah they do they go bankrupt now it’s over lol
Like the Bulls after Jordan left the second time...
That's what will happen when Brady retires.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Like the Bulls after Jordan left the second time...
That's what will happen when Brady retires.

Today I got off work at 3pm I literally work at a veterinarian emergency hospital next to Gillette stadium 70$ parking people already celebrating . Yeah I been fan since Jim Plunkett was QB and they sucked for like 30 years , love Tom but hate kraft hate bill I hope they go down they did nothing to help Tom I’m hoping Tommy if he plays goes on to another Team patriots be losers forever now . Even the so called Defehse sucks yeah I’m fan but hate the way they treated great players including Vrabel Titans coach few players . Bill just cocky arrogant asshole I ain’t a part of the pop band wagon

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Sorry mod is what I wanted to say.

Lol I just read I been mod or rep various places over past 20 years but I only limit myself now to 1-3 forums . This used to be my stomping ground and I missed being here . Many great people here

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic