Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Joined a pretty gym...

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I'm talking like a fuckin country club setting. Coffee lounge, free tanning and spray tanning for members, all brand new equipment, 2 floors, sauna, the whole nine.
I still belong to my local hardcore gym (the most (in)famous hardcore gym in my area) and I love training with the big boys there, but this place opened up right down the street from my house so I visited a couple times and it was a nice change of scenery. And I do like the scenery!
Still got nearly a complete prison yard weight room in my basement too. I guess I just liked the environment change or something. I don't think I would call this my "home" gym but I do intend to start training there more often.
How many of you are members at a commercial gym, or "pretty" gym as we refer to it around here?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I used to have a commercial gym and hardcore gym to train at wherever I’ve lives. Initially it was to meet women, then it was so my wife had classes and shite, and then because I managed an LA Fitness for a while. But now, it’s just me and not looking for scenery, so I’m just in a local hard-ish-core gym.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I used to have a commercial gym and hardcore gym to train at wherever I’ve lives. Initially it was to meet women, then it was so my wife had classes and shite, and then because I managed an LA Fitness for a while. But now, it’s just me and not looking for scenery, so I’m just in a local hard-ish-core gym.
I love my hardcore gym. I'm one of the smallest guys there (and at 6' 220lbs I'm not exactly tiny) and I think that training with some of those monsters at my gym really pushes me. But I admit, I do enjoy walking in the pretty gym and being one of the bigger guys there (unless one or more of my buddies goes with me lol). I'm not there to meet women but I do enjoy the eye candy. This was more for the convenience than anything. I can wake up in the afternoon and be at the gym in 5 minutes and back home in another 5. That is pretty nice. Plus I can get Jersey shore spray tanned like a proper douche for free now lol

Reactions: SAD
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Yeah, proximity is huge for me but luckily my little gym is close by.

On the flip side of being the biggest dude in a commercial gym, people aren’t comfortable with genuinely intense lifting by big dudes. Scary or intimidating or emasculating, I don’t know. But I don’t yell or scream or slam weights and I’ll still have people complain or stare disapprovingly.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Nice option to have something that close. I have one of those 24 hour places with the key fobs right near me, it's really pathetic for lifting equipment IMO since I have been a member of some really good gyms through the years. Eye candy there is second to none though. They have big windows in front right by the treadmills and elliptical, I want to park there some days and just hang out, but something tells me that would be creepy.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Closest gym to me is exactly 6.0 miles from my garage to my parking spot. Lounge, full protein and energy drink bar 24-7. Big screens, wet and dry saunas. Hoops and a bunch of other stuff I'll never use. Other side of town I joined a sweat pit with more leg machines than I've ever seen in one gym.

They all have their perks.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Trained at a tennis and racquetball club for a year. Huge swimming pools, juice bar, baby sitting. The weight room was just okay. Close to home so it worked. I was the biggest guy there, everyone looked at me weird. Then they took most of the free weight out. Been at Golds ever since, 5 plus years. Even though it 15 min from home at least I fit in.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic