Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

John Meadows dead?

M

mdmusclemachine

VIP Member
Feb 8, 2012
I don't think it's really sunk in yet to most people how much of an impact John had on our community. It's a true loss of which we have not had in a long while, if ever, imo. He's been such a positive influence to so many people on/off the forums, competing, personal advice and friendships, and in just being an all-around great human being, that I think his loss to all of us is going to make a huge impact. It's so heart-wrenching to hear of his passing, he was just such a great person. He was able to find a great balance in his life, and most of all a great father to his kids. I've let out tears since reading of his passing earlier, but I just really want to give my utmost respects, prayers, and complete condolences to his wife and 2 sons. I can't imagine what they are going through. John endured a lot in his life, we lost a good man, but the heavens got a true good hearted man....Valhalla opened it's doors for a true legend of the iron game.

I'm just really at a loss of words, it kind of takes the wind out of you when somebody like a John Meadows succumbs to death at such an early age. It really puts things into perspective.

Rest in peace brother, John Meadows, MountainDog:(
I competed against John right before he turned pro. Actually placed right behind him that year. I still get emails from his site. You don't realize it at the time how fortunate you are to be friends with someone like that. I do miss him & Matt Porter as well

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
His wife still runs his brand. With help of course. Guy was a beast and seemed to be so genuine. He was a great contributor back in the day on PM.

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
I still watch John Meadows you tube videos
For tips and pointers.
I admire the way he carried and presented himself. The real deal minus all the gimmicks.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
It's funny how we have direct access to all these people thanks to the forums, and social media (for better or worse). 20+ years ago, it was rare unless you read of them in a magazine, or you knew they were posting under an anonymous handle name. You get a person like John, with so much positive energy, kindness, experience, and support come along, and it's deflating when they are taken early. I hope his kids are doing well....as well as they can without losing their father:( They have a good mother to be by their sides, thankfully! That, and if they carry on just a quarter of what John was, they will be good kids.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I grew up near the location of Bev's (and Steve's) Gym back when that area was only a dirt road connector to Jericho Turnpike.
Later, my (early) immersion into things told me exactly WHO Bev was, courtesy Peary+Mabel Rader , and their OG! Iron Man mag, back b4 it was sold.

Never knew who John Meadows was until my occasional "snoops" into my past, and I learned of an undiscovered treasure .....

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic