pbtom
What's New?

Joe Weider has Passed Away

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Wow... that really hits home...

Like many of you.. Joe Weider was the first name I recall for many things realted to what we do...

my first set of iron was wieder... first weight gainer... weider... first belt.. you guessed it... weider...

The world has lost another legend...

this guy did much more for this sport than any of us realize...

I wonder... when they make a documentary.. are they going to say his AAS use had any effect on his untimely death at 93?

sjb1962

sjb1962

Aug 21, 2012
That's too bad, but if you make it to 93 I'd have to say that's a good run...

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I wonder... when they make a documentary.. are they going to say his AAS use had any effect on his untimely death at 93?

This just in, a group of medical experts have examined the corpse of the late Joe Weider and determined that he would have lived to 93 and 7/8 yrs old had it not been for his past steroid use. Friggin 93, that guy was around to see some serious advancements and degredation of society. RIP Joe

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
This just in, a group of medical experts have examined the corpse of the late Joe Weider and determined that he would have lived to 93 and 7/8 yrs old had it not been for his past steroid use.

Interesting , over the years I've spoken with many guys who knew Joe Weider very well but this is the first time I've heard it mentioned that he was a steroid taker do you have any evidence or is this an assumption ?

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Interesting , over the years I've spoken with many guys who knew Joe Weider very well but this is the first time I've heard it mentioned that he was a steroid taker do you have any evidence or is this an assumption ?

With all due respect Kyle Ghey, I would like to kindly ask that you please... Shut the Fuk Up!!!

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
What??? I said with all due respect????

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
With all due respect Kyle Ghey, I would like to kindly ask that you please... Shut the Fuk Up!!!

If you're going to address me at least have the decency to type my name correctly , by not doing so negates the moot point about respect . I will shut up if you can refute my polite question .

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Why would Joe Weider ever use steroids? He had his own supplement line... and if Cell tech is all that Jay cutler uses... then I bet he only used his supps right? I mean did you ever see the guy in his prime?

:rolleyes: <-- thats me... rolling my eyes

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
I mean did you ever see the guy in his prime?

:rolleyes: <-- thats me... rolling my eyes

Did you ? Joe Weider was born in 1919 he published his first magazine in 1936 called " Your Physique ", in 1936 he was 14 or so , there are reports of him having a brief go at Bodybuilding but largely these are unfounded , he holds no tittles and I'm yet to see convincing photographic evidence that he bore a physique resembling the out of the ordinary . He was a great businessman and promoter of the sport as well as mentor to many great champs but to compare him pysically to someone like Jay Cutler is like comparing apples and pears . Did you not ever notice that all the shots you probably remember of him are stylised paintings ? Like I said make an insightful answer to my original question that shows some thought or knowlege or perhaps stop rolling you eyes and shooting your mouth .

Last edited:
S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Did you ? Joe Weider was born in 1919 he published his first magazine in 1936 called " Your Physique " in 1936 , there are reports of him having a brief go at Bodybuilding but largely these are unfounded , he holds no tittles and I'm yet to see convincing photographic evidence that he bore a physique resembling the out of the ordinary . He was a great businessman and promoter of the sport as well as mentor to many great champs but to compare him pysically to someone like Jay Cutler is like comparing apples and pears . Did you not ever notice that all the shots you probably remember of him are stylised paintings ? Like I said make an insightful answer to my original question that shows some thought or knowlege or perhaps stop rolling you eyes and shooting your mouth .

joe w.jpg

Not out of the ordinary but definately enought to suspect the obvious imo.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
View attachment 4259

Not out of the ordinary but definately enought to suspect the obvious imo.

LOLLOLOLOLOLOL!

I had plastic/concrete weider weights, curl bar, the thing so your elbows would stay right when curling, read his magazines... He was the main proponent and PT Barnum of our sport. Vitamins. Protein powder, LOL.

RIP Joe Weider

Check this out:

"Joe Weider, 93 — Pioneer of the body-building industry, who developed a multi-million-dollar fitness magazine empire and discovered and mentored a young Arnold Schwarzenegger. Weider even helped Schwarzenegger “land his first movie role in the 1969 film ‘Hercules in New York,’ by telling producers the Austrian weightlifter was a German Shakespearean actor — ‘even though I barely spoke English,’ the former governor said in his statement,” according to the Los Angeles Times."

He looked forward, he advanced! God bless brother Joe Weider.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic