RalfKelleh
What's New?

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Charged With Murder

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
WWE's Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Charged With Murder in Girlfriend's 1983 Death

WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka has been charged with the murder of his girlfriend 32 years after her 1983 death. According to a news release from the District Attorney’s Office in Allentown, Pa., Snuka, 72, was arraigned in Lehigh County Central Booking on Sept. 1 in connection with his ex Nancy Argentino’s death. The wrestler, who posted $100,000 bail, has been charged with third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/ww...murder-girlfriend-32-210006211-us-weekly.html

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
jesus..did he give her the elbow from the top rope?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
That's right up the road from my home town.

Thats crazy though. I couldn't find anything in the article that states what reignited the investigation.

Speaking of which, I remember another man, in my home town, that was released from prison while serving a life sentence for murder. Spent something like 25+ years in prison before DNA evidence was able to prove he wasn't the murderer. Wondering if DNA has any role here.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
23 years ago? Someone was bored.

and never too soon. Did he ask her if she wanted a coconut?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
What wrestler from the 80's-90's era hasn't turned out to be crazy, an addict or dead at this point?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I remember when Lex Luger got taken in for Miss Elizaabeth's murder. Hell, I trained in his gym.

FranchizeBBer

FranchizeBBer

Sep 10, 2010
I read yesterday Snuka pled not guilty. Snuka's defense team said he may not be mentally competent to stand trial.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Murder case dismissed against ex-wrestler 'Superfly' Snuka

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/mu...wrestler-superfly-snuka/ar-BBxRLS0?li=AA2qN5v

ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) A Pennsylvania judge on Tuesday dismissed the murder case against former pro wrestler Jimmy ''Superfly'' Snuka, saying he is not competent to stand trial in the 1983 death of his girlfriend.

The decision by Lehigh County Judge Kelly Banach comes a month after Snuka's lawyer told the court that his 73-year-old client has dementia, is in hospice care in Florida and has six months to live.

The retired WWE star was charged in 2015 with third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter in the death of Nancy Argentino, whose body was found more than three decades earlier in their Whitehall Township hotel room.
Prosecutors allege she was beaten, while Snuka has maintained she died from a fall. Authorities reopened the investigation after The Morning Call newspaper raised questions about the case in 2013.

Banach had ruled last summer that Snuka was not competent to stand trial after his attorney argued the ex-athlete suffers from dementia, partly due to the head trauma sustained over a long career in the ring. Prosecutors countered that Snuka's brain shows normal signs of aging and suggested he might be feigning symptoms.

At a hearing last month to re-evaluate Snuka's mental fitness, his wife told the judge that the family struggles to keep him from leaving home during bouts of psychosis in which he thinks he's late for a wrestling match. Banach then took time to review Snuka's medical records before ruling.

On Tuesday, a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office said prosecutors are evaluating their options. Snuka's lawyer Robert Kirwan could not immediately be reached for comment.

Snuka, a native of Fiji who previously lived in Camden County, New Jersey, was known on the wrestling circuit for diving from the ropes.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Prime snuka was an athletic freak, unfortunately he is a killer and should be in prison.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Well, as a closet rasslin fan Snuka has a very dark history and because of his former celebrity he got a pass on many occasions. From what I gather most of his peers suspected him and thought him more than capable.

If he did it he should fry, but his health may get him first...karma?

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic