Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Jesse Ventura Blames Steroids For Wrestler Deaths

C

chrome

Sep 14, 2010
WWE Hall of Fame inductee Jesse Ventura spoke with CYInterview.com about the recent spate of deaths in professional wrestling and why so many of his past co-workers have died in recent years.

Ventura said “I know why. I don’t have to answer that question. They abused steroids and they abused a lot of other things and when you do that, you’re living life in the fast lane and you know, you roll the dice. I don’t need to ask a question because I know why they’re dying. You notice I’m not dying, because I never abused steroids. I tried them, but I never used them very much. If you notice, I still have my build. The guys who use steroids lose their build as they get older cause they gotta stay on them.”

Ventura also noted that he feels no pressure to return to politics due to a lack of interest in the American people. “The average American has shown me that they’ve earned me yet…. I say that in this aspect, this country is a bunch of lemmings now. They get marched right off the cliff and until they show me a break from this lemming mentality, I’m not putting myself up out there.”

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
He's telling the truth, but wish when he'd talk about 'other things' he'd be more specific, because he literally named steroids. At the end of the comment that's all people will remember. Makes the statement biased.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
He does leave out other obvious substances of abuse such as opiates, barbiturates, amphetamines.... Had to be the juice that killed em!

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
thats jsut dickish. yeah name the other thing they are all putting uo their noses. thats the pot calling the kettle black.

Bowhunter

Bowhunter

Oct 12, 2010
What, you mean there are steroids out there? Jesse claims steroids, but he is "wrestling" anymore either. Look at some of the stupid shit those guys do their bodies day in and day out. Those collisions they put themselves through can't possibly be healthy.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Standard media manipulation. Anybody remember Taylor Hooten? If you use gear you should. He was a 16 year old in Plano, Tx(my backyard) that died "from steroids" in 2003. Why is this important? His daddy was very well connected and is indirectly responsible for the harsh legislation and current legal tasking towards AAS. The "Taylor Hooten Foundation" is now a well funded lobbyist organization that has one purpose, eradicating steroids and punishing the people that use them. Even the shakedowns in pro baseball were directly prompted by requests from the Taylor Hooten Foundation. So how did Taylor die? He hung himself. I know....hung himself = steroid death, wtf? The toxicology report for Taylor Hooten discovered anabolic steroids in his blood stream, and from that one line came, "Taylor Hooten, 16, killed by fatal dose of steroids." A little investigation reveals that Taylor was in the middle of a heavy cycle when mommy and daddy found his gear. Being good American parents and not wanting to deal with their own child, they threw his gear away and sent him to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist, in good American fashion, prescribed him an array of anti-anxiety, anti-depressant and anti-psychotic medications. Taylor went home and after several days of drinking heavily and ingesting excessive quantities of his "mediction" was found hanging in his bedroom. ALL of the aforementioned compounds, including alcohol, are in the tox report, but only steroids made the news. 2 out of 3 of his prescriptions list depression as a side effect and all 3 explicitly state that alcohol is not to be consumed while on the medication. Point of this rant, America wants a demon to blame, the media obliges.
Look at the title of the above article: Jesse Ventura Blames Steroids For Wrestler Deaths
Now look at Jesse Ventura's answer: “I know why. I don’t have to answer that question. They abused steroids and they abused a lot of other things and when you do that, you’re living life in the fast lane and you know, you roll the dice." I heard the word steroids, never heard blame.......my 2c. MAYO

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
I remember that man and one of the major side effects of any antidepressant concerning teens is suicidal thoughts, not to mention that his hormones had to be all out of whack after stopping cold turkey.

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
i agree with that Puxx stopping the anti D is the cuase but it was doctor perscibed and that couldn't have been the case. bullshit it was the kid stopping cold turkey and the fathers for being an ass and pushing his kid.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Tri-cyclics anti-depressants have such a high number of teen deaths related to them its horrible. When prozac came out at first gentle housewives were blowing their husbands heads off for no reason. They didn't know why they were doing it, just did it. Again no FULLY looking at the situation and evaluating it honestly. Keep pumping that big pharma gravy train huh.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Tri-cyclics anti-depressants have such a high number of teen deaths related to them its horrible. When prozac came out at first gentle housewives were blowing their husbands heads off for no reason. They didn't know why they were doing it, just did it. Again no FULLY looking at the situation and evaluating it honestly. Keep pumping that big pharma gravy train huh.

I'm sure if we looked closely, those "gentle housewives" were probably rampant steroid abusers too.....:rolleyes:

B

bigscott

Oct 22, 2010
Standard media manipulation. Anybody remember Taylor Hooten? If you use gear you should. He was a 16 year old in Plano, Tx(my backyard) that died "from steroids" in 2003. Why is this important? His daddy was very well connected and is indirectly responsible for the harsh legislation and current legal tasking towards AAS. The "Taylor Hooten Foundation" is now a well funded lobbyist organization that has one purpose, eradicating steroids and punishing the people that use them. Even the shakedowns in pro baseball were directly prompted by requests from the Taylor Hooten Foundation. So how did Taylor die? He hung himself. I know....hung himself = steroid death, wtf? The toxicology report for Taylor Hooten discovered anabolic steroids in his blood stream, and from that one line came, "Taylor Hooten, 16, killed by fatal dose of steroids." A little investigation reveals that Taylor was in the middle of a heavy cycle when mommy and daddy found his gear. Being good American parents and not wanting to deal with their own child, they threw his gear away and sent him to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist, in good American fashion, prescribed him an array of anti-anxiety, anti-depressant and anti-psychotic medications. Taylor went home and after several days of drinking heavily and ingesting excessive quantities of his "mediction" was found hanging in his bedroom. ALL of the aforementioned compounds, including alcohol, are in the tox report, but only steroids made the news. 2 out of 3 of his prescriptions list depression as a side effect and all 3 explicitly state that alcohol is not to be consumed while on the medication. Point of this rant, America wants a demon to blame, the media obliges.
Look at the title of the above article: Jesse Ventura Blames Steroids For Wrestler Deaths
Now look at Jesse Ventura's answer: “I know why. I don’t have to answer that question. They abused steroids and they abused a lot of other things and when you do that, you’re living life in the fast lane and you know, you roll the dice." I heard the word steroids, never heard blame.......my 2c. MAYO

the taylor things pisses me off ... we had a discussion with his dad .. no matter what .. when all facts were presented to him he stilled blamed the steroids .. then again we have to remember he was given a 3 million dollar donation towards his foundation so he will never blame anything other then steroids

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic