Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Jay Cutler To Sit Out 2012 Mr. Olympia

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Stating that his business ventures have taken valuable time away from contest preparation, Jay Cutler is going to sit out what will amount to nearly two full years by the time he takes the stage again. The four-time Sandow winner had been behind in his training and diet since undergoing surgery to repair a torn left bicep in February.

Cutler said in a statement today:

“I will not be competing this year in the Mr. Olympia. I did try to get back on track with my training and my eating, but there was simply too much going on with my business ventures. The only way I would compete is if I can put 100 percent into it, and the timing wasn’t right for this year. And honestly, it wasn’t until mid-July that I even made the decision to return in 2013 and try to get my title back from Phil, just like I got it back from Dexter in 2009. But this year, for the first time in 10 years, I want to just sit back and watch the show— who moves up, who moves down— and start training full-throttle for the 2013 Mr. Olympia not too long after. Next month I will give the full story behind my decision to sit this one out, and how and why I know I can get my title back next year.”

Finishing as Phil Heath’s runner-up at both the 2011 Olympia and Sheru Classic, Cutler seemed like the top choice to have a shot at regaining the title. This announcement comes as a mild surprise – but not a shocking one – due to the surgery and Cutler’s physical appearance the past few months. Always known as a mass monster, the Massachusetts native seemed much slimmer when seen at expos and other personal appearances.

The difference was so obvious that it appeared Cutler’s strategy had changed to coming in with more of a v-taper in an attempt to wrest the championship back from the more aesthetic Heath. But it now becomes clear that the smaller physique may not have been totally intentional. For what it’s worth, seeing a slimmed down yet extremely muscular Cutler would have been very interesting, indeed, and possibly hard to beat.

Now the questions begin if this is in fact the beginning of the end for one of the most popular bodybuilders in the industry. Taking off two years is not easy to come back from, especially considering that Cutler will be 40 by the time the 2013 O comes around.

The sport is more interesting with Cutler up there in Las Vegas every year. Hopefully we haven’t seen the last of him.

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
Damn...but hes been smart about his "business" it was better watching him chase ronnie for years and Phil really just has been point on

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
He knows he can't beat Phil this year anyways.... so it's a smart move

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
^^^^ this year or 2013, Phil has youth and crazy genetics.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
^^^^ this year or 2013, Phil has youth and crazy genetics.

That's the truth.

This is news is no news. Anyone who has seen pictures of Cutler over the last several months knew there was no way he was competing this year. Definitely the right move on his part. He has to show up at 110% and probably needs Phil to miss his mark to have a chance IMO. He also has his business and finances to look after as he said.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Even if he decides to compete I can't see him cracking the top 3 next year.jays days of winning the mr o are over.he will have to compete to qualify for the mr o next year.he should just concentrate on his business.personly last year I had him in 4th or 5th.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Even if he decides to compete I can't see him cracking the top 3 next year.jays days of winning the mr o are over.he will have to compete to qualify for the mr o next year.he should just concentrate on his business.personly last year I had him in 4th or 5th.

True, he will be 40. Time for jay to relax and work on his businesses.

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
I looked up some of his 2012 videos and pics and there is just way he's catching back up to Phil. That's what these guys have to look for...that opportunity when someone relaxs a bit and they just bang ahead...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
He will crack the top 3. Kai and Wolfe are not in JC's class... whether he can beat Heath again is another question...

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Iron jay talks about bringing a new package when he competes but I can't see him looking anything different from what I have seen from 2009.with guys like roden and Cedric coming up it will be hard for jay.not impossible.but my question is why.he has nothing to prove.he has won 4 mro and runner up to the great Ronnie like 6 times.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic