Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

Jason Lawson Benches 825 lbs. at SPF Tennessee States!

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Southern Steel Barbell represented well at the SPF Tennessee State Powerlifting and Bench Press Championships in Manchester, TN this past Saturday! Jason Lawson from Southern Steel Barbell finally broke into the 800 lb. Club....ending the day by Smoking an 825 lb. Bench....taking 1st Place in the 308 Class.

Last edited:
WidowMaker

WidowMaker

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2013
Missed this one boss!
Working through some injuries but I'll be back!
SPF rocks!!

iron-whisperer

iron-whisperer

Jan 3, 2013
Love to see a fellow Tennessee boy succeed! Very nice!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Damn... Awesome bar speed. Seemed like he could have done more.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Wow. He made it look effortless

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Ok guys go ahead and let me have it but that was not a good lift. Sorry. He didn't lock out and they grabbed the bar way to quick. I watched it a few times. The right side was far from locked out. Strong mofo though.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
It can look like its not locked out sometimes because you pinch your shoulder blades out, and your elbows are it. They can be fully extended, but look not locked out. He was locking out right as they took it. So there's no doubt he had it. easy.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
It can look like its not locked out sometimes because you pinch your shoulder blades out, and your elbows are it. They can be fully extended, but look not locked out. He was locking out right as they took it. So there's no doubt he had it. easy.

Big_Paul's point is that after you lock out you're required by rules to show control by holding it for a count. Typically there is a "rack" command. I'm not familiar with this federations rules.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Big_Paul's point is that after you lock out you're required by rules to show control by holding it for a count. Typically there is a "rack" command. I'm not familiar with this federations rules.

That's a good point Paul and pob. I hear what you mean about the rack command. Idk how that works.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
That's a good point Paul and pob. I hear what you mean about the rack command. Idk how that works.

Its simple. Here is how it works in my federation (RPS)... You set up on the bench, take the hand off and have to hold the bar steady and completely locked out. You'll hear the head judge say "bench" and you can now bring the bar down to touch the chest. You then hold it there until he says "press" at which time you press the weight back up to lock out. Once you show you have control you'll hear "Rack" called out. The spotters can then assist you to rack the bar.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Yea that's how WBDL is. Except there is no down command. You start in your own time.

Sorry, I meant I'm not sure how that federation is.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
There is no start command in the SPF. Out of the SPF rule book, "A lifter may immediately begin the descent of the bar upon receiving the handout or after taking the weight out of the rack."

Also out of the handbook, "The lifter must remain in the locked out position at the top of the lift until the Head Judge gives the RACK command."

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic