Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

It's Time For The Eagles To Cut Ties With Chip Kelly

P

plank

Sep 16, 2010
Philadelphia, at 1-3, ranks 30th in offense and 30th on third down. Kelly is not the right man to lead the Eagles franchise. Firing him won't fix all of Philly's problems, but it will fix one of its biggest ones.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Chip needs to go back to college ball. Still don't know why Eagles let Nick Foles go.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Chip is the Tim Tebow of coaches. Really good college coach, but just not good enough for the NFL.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
USC is open and Texas should be by the end of the season.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
Philadelphia, at 1-3, ranks 30th in offense and 30th on third down. Kelly is not the right man to lead the Eagles franchise. Firing him won't fix all of Philly's problems, but it will fix one of its biggest ones.

Seems like he couldnt work the same magic as he did at his last job. Not that I give a crap about the Eagles. Patriots rule wether you like it or not.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
I'm afraid Bradford is becoming the scapegoat! You work your system around your QB and he is not being allowed to run that offence!

He started every game for the Rams (I believe the Rams) his rookie season...He can make plays...IMO he needs a read option scheme...instead of the run option he uses the pass...

Google his college highlights, you'll see a team leader. So I agree Chipp Kelly needs to go back to NCAA just like Steve, just like Nick....some just work with College players and some with Alfa pros!

As for the Eagles D....give them some offensive hope and they are gtg...watch their corners! Very skilled!

G

ghostface_nilla

Oct 15, 2015
Chip is the Tim Tebow of coaches. Really good college coach, but just not good enough for the NFL.

I agree he's a better college coach but I don't think it's a question of good enough for the NFL or not. The NFL is a night a day difference from the college game these days in terms of gameplan and dealing with players. Harbaugh was in a similar boat with the 49ers. He came in and made huge changes but tried to coach NFL guys like he does college kids, doesn't work with grown men. Kelly's style is suited for college. You can't run his speed offense when NFL defenses are too fast.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
I can't root against my Birds, and it was fun beating the Pats, but I think we who bleed green would be better served by losing out, trading Kelly to Tenn., and getting a nice high draft pick.
i don't care where he goes; just so he goes. He can't coach grown men.

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
As a Die Hard fan I've been disgusted with his decision making as GM...he's also yet to make any real distinguishable draft picks...

1st Draft

Lane Johnson (obvious choice here, still ended up being a solid pick)

Zach Ertz (talented player, hurt a lot, not used enough when healthy)

Bennie Logan (probably his best overall pick)

2nd Drafts

Marcus Smith (As much of a 1st rd bust as humanly possible)

Jordan Matthews (would have preferred A. Robinson simply because I knew more about him coming out of Penn State, but can't knock the pick too much)

Josh Huff (Hated this pick...was a bigger fan of Desean Jackson type player in John Brown who played for Pittsburgh Sate)

3rd Draft

Nelson Agholor (wanted Byron Jones to fill this pick sooooo bad...easily would have been avoided if we just kept Maclin...Nelson has not lived up to the hype)

Eric Rowe (one of the few picks I said I wanted that I actually got)

Jordan Hicks (most people shook their head at this pick, but prior to injury, this kid was flat out BALLIN')

3 drafts and what, maybe 4 or 5 payers worth anything?

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Just saw Demarco Murray's stats for this year. Went from 1800+ to 600 through 14 weeks. I love Chip Kelly. Contract extension!!!
Sincerely,
A Giants' Fan

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Jeff Lurie is patient to a fault. If we lose the next two, I think we're still stuck with Kelly as coach, but will he still remain as GM?
Prob will, but I'd love to see Lurie replace him as GM: that way Kelly will pout and quit!

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011

This seems to be pretty much the norm for college coaches these days. Carrol has done well however, prior to him you would have to go back to jimmy johnson.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic