Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

It's not looking too hot for the first orange president

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Trump women pics are off topic and disrespectful, unless they are scratch and sniff.

When Nixon was beginning his downward spiral, he reminded us that if we couldn't respect the man, we should respect the orifice . . . .

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
The list of falsehoods and conspiracy theories Trump has purveyed is staggering. Trump's reality is a delusion that is sustained by the rampant propaganda of bizarre right wing websites. Not only is Trump a victim of blatant propaganda, conspiracy theories and lies, he is a purveyor of it. This is how dictators such as Duterte and others gain power. "Great minds think alike" or in this case, terribly corrupted narcisstic delusional minds think alike.

The delusions of the right wing and misunderstandings of reality is due to a lack of critical thinking and confirmation bias that runs rampant in an increasingly complex world.

It's easy for non-thinking know nothings to misrepresent things when you dont understand them. They characterize and frame a straw-man representation, to argue against something ridiculous. This happens constantly, because thinking is very hard in a complex world. Science is beyond simple truths that water freezes at 32 degrees, its beyond what the average person can even fathom let alone begin to understand.

So understand it they wont, because science and knowledge of the world reduces the fiction of religion at a steady pace. Science doesnt care what you believe.

As far as the delusions of the right wing, the rise of propagandistic social media and fake news has erupted and enthralled Trump support supporters, because they want to believe it. This causes them to have conflict with reality. "Alternative facts", they claim, and conspiracy theories are created to rationalize their idiotic perception of reality based on whatever picture with 4 words that their dimwitted cousin shared on Facebook.

So justifiably "true" news becomes "fake news". Ignorance becomes strength. They are in too deep and these delusions that millions of illegals voted, that Obama tapped Trump Tower, that Hilary sold Uranium to the Russians must persist for them, or their entire world view will become shattered. Psychology tells us the brain wont allow that. The decay will be gradual. until then, there will be serious damage to the United States of America and its institutions of knowledge and justice.

We can analyze what's happening and we can call a spade a spade, regardless of how bizarre it has become. These are dangerous and interesting times, and we the people need cogent explanations of just how disastrous this administration is.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
The list of falsehoods and conspiracy theories Trump has purveyed is staggering. Trump's reality is a delusion that is sustained by the rampant propaganda of bizarre right wing websites. Not only is Trump a victim of blatant propaganda, conspiracy theories and lies, he is a purveyor of it. This is how dictators such as Duterte and others gain power. "Great minds think alike" or in this case, terribly corrupted narcisstic delusional minds think alike.

The delusions of the right wing and misunderstandings of reality is due to a lack of critical thinking and confirmation bias that runs rampant in an increasingly complex world.

It's easy for non-thinking know nothings to misrepresent things when you dont understand them. They characterize and frame a straw-man representation, to argue against something ridiculous. This happens constantly, because thinking is very hard in a complex world. Science is beyond simple truths that water freezes at 32 degrees, its beyond what the average person can even fathom let alone begin to understand.

So understand it they wont, because science and knowledge of the world reduces the fiction of religion at a steady pace. Science doesnt care what you believe.

As far as the delusions of the right wing, the rise of propagandistic social media and fake news has erupted and enthralled Trump support supporters, because they want to believe it. This causes them to have conflict with reality. "Alternative facts", they claim, and conspiracy theories are created to rationalize their idiotic perception of reality based on whatever picture with 4 words that their dimwitted cousin shared on Facebook.

So justifiably "true" news becomes "fake news". Ignorance becomes strength. They are in too deep and these delusions that millions of illegals voted, that Obama tapped Trump Tower, that Hilary sold Uranium to the Russians must persist for them, or their entire world view will become shattered. Psychology tells us the brain wont allow that. The decay will be gradual. until then, there will be serious damage to the United States of America and its institutions of knowledge and justice.

We can analyze what's happening and we can call a spade a spade, regardless of how bizarre it has become. These are dangerous and interesting times, and we the people need cogent explanations of just how disastrous this administration is.

I like this dragon.

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
I see some are still butt hurt, that you poor saps lost. Oh well, I actually sleep better hearing your soft sobs in the back ground, then I did when Obama was in.
Until next time, maybe you can get some. Preparation H.

Mrhat

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Has a losing presidential candidate ever gone around crying about losing the election before, blaming others? Well she did take 'blame' yesterday, paraphrasing, "I take the blame for losing, but it wasn't my fault." Yeah, the Russian's kept you from campaigning in the Rust Belt? Dufus...

America's First Presidential Bad Loser?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Not sure why Trump supporters care so much about what Hilary has to say. The more you guys talk about it, the more she becomes relevant again.

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
Not sure why Trump supporters care so much about what Hilary has to say. The more you guys talk about it, the more she becomes relevant again.
Is that witch still alive? I thought she cried herself to death, looking at all those fireworks she bought?

Mrhat

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Because the news is slamming her down our throats, its hard to ignore. It's interesting to see how they get her on camera and catch her falling apart a little and egged her on. Seems she's fallen out of favor with the left media.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Because the news is slamming her down our throats, its hard to ignore. It's interesting to see how they get her on camera and catch her falling apart a little and egged her on. Seems she's fallen out of favor with the left media.

Thats interesting, has Fox News become part of the left media? She was splashed all over Fox News last nite and even part of this morning. Its apparent she knows how to get under the hard rights skin......

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey HGH, just an FYI, Obama did not put his assets into a blind trust, as did Bush (W) and Clinton. There's nothing "illegal" about not doing so, it just causes issues with the appearance of conflicts of interest. Forbes has a good article on it, which I think is pretty even-handed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jennif...decessors-did-with-their-assets/#1ed0c8f229c0

Trump is a drama queen, and it bugs me. But I do think that he's right on the big things. For example, he's forcing a conversation on immigration that no one was willing to discuss before. Wanting to have some control over immigration does not make someone a racist. We're finally discussing it, and we'll either draft new law and enforce it or enforce what we presently have. But simply ignoring the present law is not correct.

Second, something had/has to be done with Obamacare. Various state exchanges are collapsing, insurance rates are rising, and the coverage people are getting through the exchanges is so crappy that people aren't using it. (i.e., high deductible plans that is inducing people to simply not go to the doctor). Something is ultimately going to pass, and if Hillary had won, they would have kept the failing Obamacare structure and tried to funnel more money into it. Third, tax reform. Both personal and corporate tax codes are abominations. Anything that can simplify the tax code is good for all Americans. I think taxes should be cut, but I'm OK with tax reform that is revenue neutral, as that will still serve to stimulate economic growth. Lastly, judicial nominations. Appointing judges that will follow the law (whether the law is a liberal or conservative policy), and not legislate from the bench.

Everything else is just noise to me. If he executes on those things, which he is making progress on, he'll be a success.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I don't know if Hillary is attempting to "fix the record" in some organized fashion, or if she just answered off the cuff when asked at a forum, but my recommendation to her is not to take the bait, and simply beg off on those types of questions. They are a no-win situation for her. If she were smart, she'd pick up a pet cause like Jimmy Carter did. That guy was/is a complete moron and left office completely humiliated, but he's fixed his rep by getting involved in projects like habitat for humanity, etc. She ought to pick a woman's issue and become a champion for it, the problem is she simply doesn't like people, and might find it difficult acclimating to a new role where she's not the boss. Who knows.

The Dems have to move on past Hillary and Joe Biden and start developing a bench of young men and women who can breath some life into a party that has lost almost 1,000 legislative seats at the state and federal level over the last 8 years. Neither Hillary nor Joe can fix that. You've got to start from the ground up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic