It's broke...so fix it...height vs weight

Discussion in 'General Powerlifting Discussion' started by chicken_hawk, Mar 19, 2017.

1. chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk VIP Member

Oct 28, 2010
    It appears to me Yumo that you are incapable of honest and intelligent discourse. As, somehow you kept proving my point, but refused to see it. As far as Ed is concerned I spent a few days with him at Quads before it shut down, where I trained with him, no he didnt train me, we lifted and bull shitted, he even bought me lunch. So, pound sand in that regard as well.

Hawk

2. Yomo

Yomo VIP Member

Dec 18, 2015
    an intelligent discourse? with you?

quick recap:

your statement - being Tall is a negative and short lifters dominate Powerlifting.

My counterargument - being tall (6ft and over) is reason enough to compete in weight classes 220 and up. You should expect "shorter" competitors in anything below that.

I also listed numerous CURRENT lifters who render your sentiment invalid.

your response - ED COAN

Did I miss anything?

gunslinger likes this.
  3. matthewk04

matthewk04 VIP Member

Jul 21, 2013
    This kinda derailed and got pissy. I think hawk was just making an observation. I'm not going to get into judging the validly and or feasibility of that idea-I'll leave that to those much more knowledgeable than myself-but without forward thinking and new ideas what's the point of doing or discussing anything? Not everything that's suggested will be adopted but if we don't pose the requisite queries we are doomed to stagnation of thought, which I my opinion is a state of hopelessness. It's not like he said something incredibly dense such as: "the current POTUS is a capable leader of people"

4. PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance Strength Pimp Staff Member

Feb 27, 2011
    You mean kony that African dude that people were all about a couple years ago?

5. matthewk04

matthewk04 VIP Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Same deal. Flash in the pan.