Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Items for a time capsule...ideas?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Too bad Tesla stock is so expensive. Would be cool to get 1 share with a certificate, in case the company turns into the next GM (or what GM used to be).

TheRide

TheRide

VIP Member
Oct 6, 2017
So i have a nephew that will be turning 1 yr old in a couple of weeks. I had a time capsule custom made with his name, date and when he can open: his 21st birthday. So i'm entrusting his father (my brother) to hold onto it for quite some time and to also seal it when he adds his stuff.
I have come up with something from me: written letter to him and also to his 21st bday person; printed out pictures of him and my mom and him and me, etc.
Will get a local printed paper and put in there.

Thought about a bottle of bourbon or whiskey to sit in there. What is one that can age 20 yrs?

Anyone else have any other cool thoughts to contribute? Thank you!

As long as the bourbon/whiskey is sealed, kept in a cool, dark spot and away from direct sun, you shouldnt have a problem storing it for 20 years. Make sure the seal is intact, don't need the angels getting any more than their share!! Try to find something with a dated release if you can. Bourbon game is tough since so many are allocated but I think its a nice touch!!

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
So i have a nephew that will be turning 1 yr old in a couple of weeks. I had a time capsule custom made with his name, date and when he can open: his 21st birthday. So i'm entrusting his father (my brother) to hold onto it for quite some time and to also seal it when he adds his stuff.
I have come up with something from me: written letter to him and also to his 21st bday person; printed out pictures of him and my mom and him and me, etc.
Will get a local printed paper and put in there.

Thought about a bottle of bourbon or whiskey to sit in there. What is one that can age 20 yrs?

Anyone else have any other cool thoughts to contribute? Thank you!
On the alcohol, all of the bottles you buy will sit in there for 20 yrs.

How a bottle is aged is based on the time it is spent in barrel, BEFORE being bottled. Once in the bottle, aging has ceased.

Oh, if you do choose a bourbon, pleeeease do not get jim pappy van winkle. :)

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Add a set of uncirculated coins. You can buy them online, 2020 set with half dollar, quarter dime nickel and penny. Get a 2 dollar bill from the bank as well. Will be cool in another 20 yrs

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic