Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Is this Biceps brachii or brachioradialis pain?

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
I have a chronic/acute pain in left forearm or brachioradialis pain. Deep, proximal to radius. Intense pain from mid to full flexion, most acute in actions such as lifting dumbbell to press position for inclines, or even pinch lifting a book or bag. Only when supinating action or neutral (hammer) grip. I was spotting a client this morning during chins, grabbed her waist and lost all strength in left arm. DMSO gives me pre-workout relief. Ice, ibuprofen? It is an area that needs work for me, so long term it must be addressed. I first noticed the brachioradialis pain when going heavy on chins, mid-point to full contraction I got brachioradialis pain. I am planning AAS and Hgh in several weeks, will that give relief?

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
That could be tendonitis. Go get it looked at by a doctor. Don't play with injury. Your body gives pain for a reason. Listen to it.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Repatative stress maybe? Ibprophen and maybe even a topical like IcyHot. I know this isn't much help probably, but sounds like RS to me....

H

huw garms

Aug 19, 2012
sounds exactly like tendon damage to me, dont forget them muscles all full of gear can increase in strength very rapidly, the tendons get no such help take it easy on them and listen to your body, ive recently come back from a shoulder op and they re attached my bicep tendon while they were in there, said it was stringy and ripped like an old blanket ;-)

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
sounds like a supinator.

DGAF

DGAF

Sep 5, 2010
Sounds like lateral epicondylitis, tennis elbow, tendonitis. I have it in my right elbow. It hurts like hell when I shake hands or flex my wrist up or down, pretty much anything that will flex the top of my forearm. I had 2 cortizone shots directly in it in the past 7 weeks, each time the shot lasted about 2-3 weeks then it wore off and it started hurting real bad again. Doc told me he hopes that the shots will help it and it will work itself away but if not I have to go back and figure if it will require surgery. Surgery is about 4-6 weeks recovery.

DGAF

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
i say supinator
but you better get it checked
i just coming out of a bicep pop
yeah --lifting my son into his car seat--and pow
if you tear the shoulder tie in then u can go awhile or forever but tear at the elbow and it needs to be fixed asap
im only 70% since mine popped---nice steel pin thru the forearm to reattach it

now i have a wrist prob on the other side
i guess i need to down grade my cannons to bolt action

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
If the pain is worsened considerably when curls are performed when the wrist is pronated the BR is the more likely culprit

Regardless those types of "TENDONITIS" can become a major deterrent in achieving one's long term "goals". More importantly exclusive of the associated pain complete or partial tendon ruptures are also possible, (although relatively uncommon).

As some have already mentioned the primary and most successful therapy is resting the involved extremity with placement of an "ice bag". (I prefer the McMurphys pre-packaged gel). Ultimately avoidance of those exercises which worsen the symptoms MUST be avoided!

Jim

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic