Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Is there an Anabolic I can take during PCT?

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
I don't mean cruising...... I will be doing long stints between cycles this time around and I was wondering if I could take a really low dose of lets say anavar, or proviron after my cycle until my balls swell back up? Just enough to hold on to as much of my gains as possible? Would even a low dose (like 10mgs of anavar) still keep my nuts from kicking back on?

I don't want to mess with HCG as I know a guy who is now on permanent TRT because HCG (low doses too) messed up his natural Test production.

I will be taking clomid only because I have a shit ton of it from years back.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
HCG would be the only thing I would trust. I will not do a PCT without it anymore and I know several guys who run it all the time to elevate their test levels in between cycles.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . . I will be taking clomid only because I have a shit ton of it from years back.
Better, more specific, answers than mine may follow from others, but I don't ever decide what to do next by seeing what else I have laying around.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
if you are off then stay off...i am not sure of anything that won't shut you down as far as AAS goes.

run HGH instead or anything like that but i remember once i ran masteron between cycles because i thought it was mild.....hahaha i was really wrong!

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Your friends probably run HCG long term and ON cycle?

Short term post cycle is fine and won’t kill natural test production.

if killing your natural test production is huge concern then you shouldn’t use anything we discuss here lol.

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
I don't mean cruising...... I will be doing long stints between cycles this time around and I was wondering if I could take a really low dose of lets say anavar, or proviron after my cycle until my balls swell back up? Just enough to hold on to as much of my gains as possible? Would even a low dose (like 10mgs of anavar) still keep my nuts from kicking back on?

I don't want to mess with HCG as I know a guy who is now on permanent TRT because HCG (low doses too) messed up his natural Test production.

Any use of AAS after cycle is cruising imho.

I call bullshit on this. We all know some " guy " that has a problem with something or another so I wouldn't take that into serious consideration. I've ran hcg at 5000iu twice ew after last injection as part of pct, and also ran it at 500iu per wk during cycle. Still had two kids afterword. Way before I started TRT.

I'd use a hcg and nolva pct instead. The first drug I had available in the old days for TRT was clomid and it is just nasty,

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Ahhhh....this brings back the days of the early 2000's when the dbol 10mg bridge was debated to hell. lol.

I would just stay off during your pct, or just commit to just staying on full-time with trt test. You could do a "bridge," using a low dose AAS like dbol, but it will effect restoration and the point of the pct....well, for the majority at least. Considering that it can be way different for each person to even partially recover the HPGA, it would be a crapshoot to even know how you will react to it all. You will be fully shutdown, so I doubt any restoration will improve for awhile afterward.

If you are not taking creatine, then this would be a good time to throw it in to help counter the restoration period.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Turkesterone would probably be the best option. No actual AAS are going to be a good idea.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Ahhhh....this brings back the days of the early 2000's when the dbol 10mg bridge was debated to hell. lol.
Yep. Even before that the 50 mg per week of Deca was the bridge most would use and swear by it. Was it effective? Not really.

Type-IIx

Type-IIx

Mar 24, 2022
It's an interesting open question whether the HPG axis recovers up to the point of subsequent free T suppression (reflecting HPG axis shutdown) after being completely suppressed by, e.g., supraphysiological T (T is potently suppressive, largely due to its aromatization to estradiol), or if recovery begins only upon washout of exogenous androgen.

We know oxandrolone (Var) is minimally suppressive: a relatively high dosage (80 mg daily) led only to a modest 31% decrease in free T after 12 weeks in HIV-infected men.

Does the nature of HPG axis suppression allow for restoration of hypothalamo-pituitary & testis output (i.e., KNDy dendron pulsatility, GnRH, LH, FSH) up to this 69% free T if there is not total washout, or not?

I don't think anyone knows, honestly.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
It's an interesting open question whether the HPG axis recovers up to the point of subsequent free T suppression (reflecting HPG axis shutdown) after being completely suppressed by, e.g., supraphysiological T (T is potently suppressive, largely due to its aromatization to estradiol), or if recovery begins only upon washout of exogenous androgen.

We know oxandrolone (Var) is minimally suppressive: a relatively high dosage (80 mg daily) led only to a modest 31% decrease in free T after 12 weeks in HIV-infected men.

Does the nature of HPG axis suppression allow for restoration of hypothalamo-pituitary & testis output (i.e., KNDy dendron pulsatility, GnRH, LH, FSH) up to this 69% free T if there is not total washout, or not?

I don't think anyone knows, honestly.
@Type-IIx , I was wondering, how long have you been posting on the forums?

Not a trick question or anything. Were you around when Nandi was alive and had his CEM forum?

I know that the Minto study also shows us a lot on how suppressive a single dosage of 100mg injection of both NPP and Nandrolone Decanoate. You have probably already read it. Here is a link to the full study:

If that doesn't show up, I can pull it from PubMed.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic