Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Is there a supplement you can take to burn fat?

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Hydroxyelite with DMAA. Same formula as old OxyElite Pro.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I read this is more of an energy enhancer for workouts. How does it help with weight loss?

Meth, cocaine, etc. gives boo coo's of energy, yet makes a person loose weight too!...See the relation?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Meth, cocaine, etc. gives boo coo's of energy, yet makes a person loose weight too!...See the relation?
Does C4 make you jittery? Man I tried L Carnitine and don't think it did much.

goof321

goof321

Nov 18, 2011
doesn't really "burn" fat but the combination of Alpha Lipoic Acid and Biotin. (Must be the combo) one depletes the other when taken separately. Then the absolute OBVIOUS..........var hehe

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I don't feel I've lost weight even though some have said I have.
I normally lift 4 times a week and do cardio 4 times a week although less cardio now. I stay around 1900 calories a day and sometimes less. I take protein powder, eat salad and bananas, nuts, yogurts and some carb here and there.
Still I'm 5ft2 and weight 168. Measuring the circumference of my stomach at the bellybutton line is 42 inches. It's been the same when I started all this 7 months ago.
This us frustrating indeed. I feel I've gained some muscle but that stomach fat won't leave.
I'd appreciate any advice.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Drop down in calories a little and see if how you respond? Like 1700-1800?

For a lot of guys (me included) it seems stomach fat is the last to leave.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Drop down in calories a little and see if how you respond? Like 1700-1800?

For a lot of guys (me included) it seems stomach fat is the last to leave.
I've done that. I was eating around 1200 to 1500 at one point. You may be right abnormal fat is the last to go.

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
I've done that. I was eating around 1200 to 1500 at one point. You may be right abnormal fat is the last to go.
Based on the stats you have given. Your BMR is just about 1530 cals. If you are lightly active during the day and work out then I'd make your cals total at 2000 total cals just to maintain your weight. If you are wanting to lose weight then you'd need to drop down to 1550 or as low as 1100. Keep in mind that these should be clean calories so no alcohol, especially beer.

As someone already suggested, I'd try 50% of your cals being protein, 30% fats and 20% carbs. That would translate to roughly 775 cals/194g protein, 465 cals/52g fats and the remaining 310 cals /78g carbs. If you're not losing weight at this point then drop your calorie intake by another 100-150 cals and so on.

When calculating your intake, people need to keep in mind that just because 1500 or 1000 cals sounds like nothing but you may be a guy who's 200+lbs, younger or taller or vice versa. Your stats including age make a big difference in how much you should consume.

And stomach is all diet. Also stress tends to make your body hold on to fat in that area. Being 42-44 waist, diet will do the trick for you plus cardio as well as continue training. Focus on quality versus momentum of your lifts. And don't worry if you need to drop down in weights to lift properly. You'll get better results focusing on how you lift versus how much.

Hope that helps.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Based on the stats you have given. Your BMR is just about 1530 cals. If you are lightly active during the day and work out then I'd make your cals total at 2000 total cals just to maintain your weight. If you are wanting to lose weight then you'd need to drop down to 1550 or as low as 1100. Keep in mind that these should be clean calories so no alcohol, especially beer.

As someone already suggested, I'd try 50% of your cals being protein, 30% fats and 20% carbs. That would translate to roughly 775 cals/194g protein, 465 cals/52g fats and the remaining 310 cals /78g carbs. If you're not losing weight at this point then drop your calorie intake by another 100-150 cals and so on.

When calculating your intake, people need to keep in mind that just because 1500 or 1000 cals sounds like nothing but you may be a guy who's 200+lbs, younger or taller or vice versa. Your stats including age make a big difference in how much you should consume.

And stomach is all diet. Also stress tends to make your body hold on to fat in that area. Being 42-44 waist, diet will do the trick for you plus cardio as well as continue training. Focus on quality versus momentum of your lifts. And don't worry if you need to drop down in weights to lift properly. You'll get better results focusing on how you lift versus how much.

Hope that helps.
Thank you. I will reduce calories even if it sacrifices some muscle gain. I'll at least get toned and once excessive fat comes off I'll focus on muscle gain.

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
Thank you. I will reduce calories even if it sacrifices some muscle gain. I'll at least get toned and once excessive fat comes off I'll focus on muscle gain.
Ensure you get your diet needs met. Protein being key and you won't lose too much muscle. Lack of protein in your diet is when your body resorts to eating up your muscle. Even use an app like Myfitnesspal to track everything so you see your percentages and it will help you stay accountable as well as clearly see what your food consists of nutrition wise. It's a great app.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Yah, if your protein intake is good and you are lifting you won't lose much muscle during your cut. You may feel weaker, but I think that's more an energy thing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic