Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Is the sauna good for excess water retention?

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
Ive always jumped in the sauna when I feel myself retaining water. It always made sense, sauna takes water our of you. Is this just a psychological thing, or does the sauna really work.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
The sauna will make you sweat out water that is sitting subcutaneously, yes. But, it should only be temporary. I use the sauna as a way to relax and realy loosen up my muscles when they are sore.

I think people get a little worked up when it comes to water retention. This IS necessary for further strength and mass gains while on cycle in most cases. It's not good for your body to be below a certain BF% for a prolonged period of time. It's kinda the same when you think about water retention. Nothing is better at sucking the water out of you then winstrol. But, this is also why it makes your joints/ligaments hurt.

So overall, technically you do lose some water through sweat, but this should not be relied on as a way to get rid of subQ water.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Ya gotta love the tools that think exercising in the sauna is super beneficial. LOL

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
Asparagus is a natural diuretic that may help your body flush out

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I use the sauna after cardio on occasion to pull some subcutaneous water, but only for about 10-12 minutes at a time. As lymbo said, asparagus and other dietary factors can also help pull water. I'm usually not overly concerned about it unless I need to send in my weight loss goals to NN. Then I fret a little more.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic