Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

is stretching important?????

B

build420

Jul 26, 2017
i don't usualy stretch before workin out, so my question is do i really need to stretch before i workout?

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I stretch every morning after my AM cardio. I have a full body routine with like 15-20 motions in it. Every Mon-Sat. If I am feeling extra stiff I will do a second round of stretching after lifting when I get home. I think it should be done everyday if you are physically active at all.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
never stretch BEFORE...if you think of your muscle as a rubber band and its COLD...what happens? snaps....good rule of thumb is to stretch when your warmed up and or after training...

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
I find dynamic stretching to be much better, especially for shoulders. But I still floss my calves, as well as utilize rolling with a tennis ball to remove tension in my chest, glutes, triceps, and forearms pre workout. I only really use static stretches when specifically targeting the piriformis muscle area, as this has recently been a lifesaver in terms of lower back wear and tear. And I only foam roll my quads/hamstrings following sessions and days off.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Always stretch a 'warmed up' muscle. Never a cold muscle. Stretching correctly reduces injury, soreness and improves not only performance, also improves the look and quality of the muscle(s).

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
no not before, but stretching in general will make life easier and better in and out of the gym, especially when you get older

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Fascia expansion would be my main reason...It restricts muscle growth from what I hear...What are you trying to achieve, hypertrophy or hyperplasia or both?....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic